Sign in to follow this  
Delta6Actual

F-106/F-101B Canopy animation

I was wondering if the F-106 is set up to have an animated canopy. I have looked at some of the topics, and screwed around with the data files, but can't get it to work. I saw that some aircraft are not set up for this at all. How can I tell if this plane is set up for this? I was also wondering if the F-101B has canopy animation. It seems like it is, but I'm not sure because it appears to be in Italian

[Tettuccio]<-----------------------Is this Canopy?

SystemType=animation

InputName=ANIMATION_2

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

MaxDeploySpeed=20

DragArea=0.50

AnimationTime=5.0

AnimationID=1

If it is set up, I can't get this one to work either. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

For the F-101 try to use the animation key 2! as it is written in the data.ini

For F-106, I don´t know. it

depends on if it is animated in the 3d model.

For the F-101 try to use the animation key 2! as it is written in the data.ini

For F-106, I don´t know. it

depends on if it is animated in the 3d model.

I tried to use animation key 2, I set it up as Shift+C, it didn't work. Am I doing that wrong?

Have you looked at the F-106's OUT file, if supplied? Or browsed through the LOD with a HexEditor, search for "canopy" or whatever it might be

You have to think like an aeronautical structrual engineer. You also have to figure out WHICH animation is or is NOT assigned, and guess at it, after going LINE BY LINE through the data ini, to see which are doing what.

assuming the effect you want is seen in the screenie below....

add to nose:

SystemName[004]=Canopy

for the pilot section (pilot figure left blank on purpose):

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

PilotModelName=

Position=0.00,6.65,1.00

SeatModelName=seat_f-100

SeatPosition=0.00,6.48,0.58

MinExtentPosition=-0.25,7.52, 0.00

MaxExtentPosition= 0.25,6.55, 1.00

CanopyNodeName=CockpitCover

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

AnimationTime=4.0

AnimationID=9

and there you go. Did it ages ago, just never thought it would be necessary to post the fix.

wrench

kevin stein

EDIT: are you familiar with this tutorial? Just in case you hadn't seen it! :grin:

http://combatace.com/topic/53913-canopy-operations/

Edited by Wrench

I tried to use animation key 2, I set it up as Shift+C, it didn't work. Am I doing that wrong?

By the way, the Early F-101B canopy worked, but the regular one did not. I compared their data files line by line and found that the F-101B file called the AnimationID=2. I changed it to 1 like on the Early F-101B and it worked fine!!!

Thanks for the help!!!

Hey Wrench, thanks for the reply, I put it in as you said, except under the nose section I put it in like this:

SystemName[004]=LandingLight01

SystemName[005]=Canopy

That landing light line was already there so I called in 005. I added some landing light mod to this plane. I put the other 2 sections in the pilot section as you said, and deleted the original pilot data. Couldn't get this to work.

Does it matter that I called the SystemName 5? I also have the animation key set up for 2 should I also change this? I hope I am making sense. This stuff still kinda baffles me!

General consesus between us modders, is shift/0 for canopy, shift/9 for wings

ie: InputName=

system numbers don't matter, as long as they're in numerical sequence. and is always 00* for 1-9, 0** for 10 and up

as to why it don't work for you??? :dntknw: what I posted is what I used, and the screenie shows the result (btw, you could have just copied/pasted the data I posted above directly OVER the existing statement in the data ini)

have you assigned the anaimation keys in your /Options/Controls/Customize???

wrench

kevin stein