Skatezilla,

I have MAX models setup for the TW sims for the Super Hornet and F-35C that are freely available (99% sure the original owners wouldn't mind with proper credit).

I have an F-14 available as well, but I need to get permission from Sony to release it to you (it's a MF product).

I also have an A-6, A-7, S-60 and EA-6B that were converted from Google Sketchup. They have not been setup to be in the TW sims, so might take some work.

They would all be in Max 2009 format...could you use these?

FC

I wouldn't have any issue with the Super Hornet... need to fly but not for a little bit anyways.

At this point, until I start working on the New 3d Model, the current model is above 20,000 Polygons. (I think around 23,000.. I ‘ll check the latest OUT File, as 3DS Max don’t count Polygons from the “LINES”)

The Game Runs Fluid with the Carrier by Itself w/ Full Shadowing, as soon as I start to place Static Aircraft the Frames/sec drop considerably on my system, and that was with 4,000-6,000 polygon models, so If im going to be placing 12,000-30,000 Polygon models, then shadowing isn’t gonna be feasible, where as if I plug the 2nd or 3rd LODs of each aircraft everything may run smoothly,

Right Now Im going through the model and selecting each mesh and setting it to cast shadow or not to try and limit the performance hit of the shadowing.

So the only thing I’m Worried about is the PolyCount and Performance hit on the older systems of the 10+ Static Aircraft, But I think if they disable the shadow they should be fine.

The F-18F_POLY_Reduced.max file I have in my Harddisk Backup is about 30,000 polys, unmapped and I don’t remember where I got it, as my emails for the last 2 years were wiped when I re-formatted my Drive last fall.

My E-2C Model was reduced down to 6,000 Polygons and re-textured before I merged it into the CVN Scene, I’ll have to double check,

This Summer I’m starting a New 3d Model from scratch, aiming at a low Polygon Base so I can have more headroom for 3D details and Bump/Specular Mapping.

Hopefully TK adds some sort of Lighting capability in the new base.

The Current Model, lets just say when I started it, I didn’t know much about 3DX Max, and every time I learned something new I used the CVN Model to test it, so Basically the model is not optimized or even efficient and the only way to have a optimized model and fix some of the errors/problems is to re-build and re-texture it from the ground up knowing what I know now.

But I’m waiting for the Tomcat Title to be released so I can dig through the INIs and DLLs to see if anything new has been done.

As For Other Models on the deck, I’ll Do some more testing w/ Plugs of 2nd/3rd LODs.

Well "VicRomano" I think is referencing the current 3D model of the Super Hornet, as opposed to the older model that you're talking about. So it may be a good idea to use that one...

I should have another build out wednesday night I'll email you a ZIP file.

so far its Total: (19618 polys, 27100 verts) w/ an E-2C on deck w/ Shadows on I get 20 or so Fr/Sec with MAX Details 2XFSAA 1680x1050.

The only major Issue i have now is Sounds... I dropped the sounds in the Sounds Folder, No Dice I've tried renaming and moving them around and still no dice..

I'm Packing a build up tonite, other than sound issues *which im trying to implement without modding the soundlist.ini* there’s realtime shadowing performance issues, since this model is nearly 20,000 polygons and isn’t no where near optimized for thirdwire’s engine, enabling shadows with a lot of aircraft or shader effects on screen (water, afterburners etc) will cause a dramatic drop in Fr/PS (My system goes from 60+ to Sub 10 Frames a second. Which is why I want to start a model from Scratch, 18,000+ Polygons for just a ship model is overboard, I can rebuilt it cleaner using ¼ of the polygons now. (and Better texture mapping to use less bmps).

If anyone else wants a grab at it, shoot me a PM.

I got the email but will look at it when I can...

No progressive lod are allowed? Because full detail model is needed only from the Cocpit view at 30 meters of distance i think then we'll need a lot of low res models......

Mauz.

No progressive lod are allowed? Because full detail model is needed only from the Cocpit view at 30 meters of distance i think then we'll need a lot of low res models......

Mauz.

Not sure I know what you mean????? I THINK both the Plug and Weapon method allow for multiple LODs. I don't have any Thirdwire games installed so I couldn't check that right now.

Messing around with this method using JSF_Aggies SF2 update for LHA Tarawa.

There are 6 cats defined. Last 2 with launch time 9999.

First, the ingame Mission Editor won't let me have more than 4 aircraft in my flight.

So I manually edit the MSN file to fly with 6 aircraft.

So far so good, 2 Harriers are nicely parked at the back of the ship. But interestingly after the first 4 of us launch, these 2 parked guys take off too..

This is EXP2 May11 patch. Will keep on investigating this..

Edit: Ok, these two variables were blank in the LHA_DATA.INI. Now the parked aircraft will stay in their place.

ReadyAnimationID=X

ReadyAnimationTime=999.0

Edited by PureBlue

Skatezilla,

I have MAX models setup for the TW sims for the Super Hornet and F-35C that are freely available (99% sure the original owners wouldn't mind with proper credit).

I have an F-14 available as well, but I need to get permission from Sony to release it to you (it's a MF product).

I also have an A-6, A-7, S-60 and EA-6B that were converted from Google Sketchup. They have not been setup to be in the TW sims, so might take some work.

They would all be in Max 2009 format...could you use these?

FC

If You can Get permission to use the SH-60, I would like to import that into the Carrier Scene, If not Im Sure I can build a low Poly one.

IM working on resolving this issue with the deck collision mesh and building low poly crew members (which is turning out harder than originally thought.)

I'll send you the S-60. It's a bit of high poly and it's not mapped. But you can probably shave it down quite a bit.

Check your PMs.

FC

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..