Sign in to follow this  
Fuza

SAM distribution - Not balanced

The game picks up randomly what SAM to fill the map. But I don't understand the reasons!

From SFP1, WoV, WoE to WoI, all the SAM sites has a ring structure with 1 radar and 6 launchers. If the game picks up SA-2 that's fine. In WoI when the game picks up SA-6 it's a night mare, because the SAM sites now installs 6 SA-6 luancher each woth 3 missiles giving us a total of 18 missiles! This is mad!

I still insist that the game should not use this algorithm: should allow terrain be modified for placing chosen SAM units.

Reduce the number of "SamLauncher" notations on the map _targets.ini file.

Besides the SA-6 isn't very difficult to kill. Just kill the radar and you're set and use a jammer...

A Shrike in Time will save your flight...

The SA-6 is easy try it though with the SA-10 or 11 and then life gets real interesting...

I still insist that the game should not use this algorithm

Perhaps, instead of posting such demands here, you should address them directly to TK, at the 3rd Wire site? Where I'm sure they'll be given the consideration they're due.