Sign in to follow this  
Bongodriver

I am about to throw my toys out of the pram AND spit my dummy

OK, I am close to deleting the Typhoon and everything relating to it because I am going mental trying to sort out the FM, I am defeated.:this: :suicide2:

I know I am close to a sollution but there is something hiding that I just can't find (because it is hiding in a mass of numbers and figures I don't undestand probably)

my problem sounds simple to fix, all I wan't to do is to get a secondary control input to work.

so iof there are any benevolent FM gurus out there willing to help......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!:helpme:

Exactly, what is it that you trying to achieve?

I dont have much knowledge about it, but i can take a look at it?

what kind of "secondary control input" is it?

edit: and please don't delete the Typhoonno.gif

Edited by peterbezemer

Where to begin.........

basic story.....at first everything seemed ok, I had controls working in correct sense and animations were fine too, but I had a feeling that some of the controls were fighting each other, so I disabled all controls in the .ini and set about testing each surface individually.....heres where the trouble begins

canards......pitch works ok but the roll effect is reversed, i.e. if I test just the right canard I get a roll right with pitch up, this should roll left because the canard is creating lift on the right side, I guess it may be because the game doesn't understand canards and is making the same effect as an elevator :dntknw: , I did have roll set as secondary function on these too and that also presents problems, same story.......everything just doesn't work min the correct sense.

elevons......they all work correctly individually i.e. if a surface is deflected either by a roll or pitch input it will roll the aircraft accordingly, roll is the primary function with pitch set up as secondary, but when I have them all active they roll ok but there is absolutely no pitch effect happening:blink: :dntknw: , have no idea why they dont work in both senses as they are cut and pasted from other aircraft with the same function.

I am at my wits end trying to sort this out, I guess I could just put everything back to where it sort of worked but I am bugged by knowing it isn't right.

for the frist issue try this

ReverseModelOrientation=TRUE or FALSE

the outer sorry cant help but give this a shot add to secondary control input

RotationAxis=X-AXIS or Y or Z

try force the game to do watt you want

here his an exemple

[RightFlap]
SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE
CLiftdc=0.3000//0.0653
CDdc=0.0329
Cmdc=0.050
DeltaStallAlpha=-3.00
AreaRatio=1.00
DeploymentMethod=MANUAL
Setting[1].Angle=15.0
Setting[1].DeployValue=77.2
Setting[2].Angle=50.0
Setting[2].DeployValue=77.2
MaxDeflection=50.0
MinDeflection=0.0
ControlRate=0.2
ReverseModelOrientation=FALSE
RotationAxis=X-AXIS

look im not a FM guy ok i might screw up on this ok

Cocas

The game egine understands canards quite well....are you sure you're not getting crossed-controls (left elvevon with right canard)?

The game egine understands canards quite well....are you sure you're not getting crossed-controls (left elvevon with right canard)?

pretty sure, like I said I have been testing each surface individually by disabling all others in the .ini (at least I'm getting some benefit from the start in the air bug with the latest patch:grin: ) and the results were as I explained.

Did you try to make 2 seperate entries for each surface instead 1 with primary and secondary function ?

It's work for my rafale, the surface worked for the normal functions and for the airbrake function at the same time.

The secret is creating dummys pivot objects for each function.

Did you try to make 2 seperate entries for each surface instead 1 with primary and secondary function ?

It's work for my rafale, the surface worked for the normal functions and for the airbrake function at the same time.

The secret is creating dummys pivot objects for each function

yeah I tried that, the problem goes a bit deeper than that, there is something just plain wrong with my controls, I already have an .ini that sort of works, the plane reacts correctly and all surfaces move correctly but I am aware that there is a conflict with the controls, thats what got me investigating and I mentioned the results, I have had a second oppinion on this now and it is agreed that there is 'something' wrong

Here's what I use as a primer:

http://combatace.com/topic/21867-definitions-of-aero-coefficients/

That page helps a lot in figuring out what each surface does or should do.

Now typically what I do with blended inputs is use invisible 'links' so I get proper effects (visual and aerodynamic) with particular inputs.

That's the only thing I can think of....

FC

Ok I'm finally on track again, thanks to Fubar for some invaluable tuition, and thanks Fastcargo for the link, that is extremely useful (I may even be able to add to the thread by the end)

as a result of perseverance I am able to get the satisfactory responses without using dummy links and surfaces, everything works with secondary inputs.

Thanks again to everyone that pitched in to try to help :good:

Craig

• Like 1

The Tiffy is back on track?

Rock-and-flippin'-roll!

Always loved that jet, the last one being the best iteration, so can't wait to see the latest.

I'm glad you got the help you needed Bongodriver...

:good:

I didn't just get help, I got an education too, FM modelling has become less of a mystery and I almost understand whats going on.....even that gibberish tabular data is making sense.

further testing and tweaking is giving very positive results, the Typhoon is incredibly manouverable now at all speeds, I am really making an effort to get this thing have some sort of similarity to the 'carefree handling' in the real thing.