Sign in to follow this  

A while ago I started skinning Veltro's Potez-630 C3 as the bomber variant - the Potez-633 B2. The first skin will be for the Royal Hellenic Air Force, but others will follow.

So far the changes include removing the navigator, altering the loadout and squeezing 8 50-kg bombs into the bomb-bay, and changing the armament to 7.5mm machine-guns. I have still to work out how to fake a partially glazed nose and cover some mapping issues.

As I understand it, if an area of a model has not been mapped for the skin then you can't put a tga file over the area. Is that correct?

Does anyone know how many 7.5mm rounds were carried for the forward facing and rear facing guns?

Edited by LloydNB
  • Like 1

Perhaps a couple of pictures will spark some interest?

post-2351-003694900 1294816251.jpg

post-2351-034597400 1294816262.jpg

great WIP and lots of interest here.I do not unfortunatly have the info you seek.Hopefuly someone will step up and help.Best wishes.

the help i can give his this:

if Veltro2k whas to send me the max file for this plane i can cut off the glasses for the nose whiout changin the maps but to you to Veltro to decide watt he wans to do

Cocas

ps i whould need a 3-view of the plane to see wer to cut

A while ago I started skinning Veltro's Potez-630 C3 as the bomber variant - the Potez-633 B2. The first skin will be for the Royal Hellenic Air Force, but others will follow.

So far the changes include removing the navigator, altering the loadout and squeezing 8 50-kg bombs into the bomb-bay, and changing the armament to 7.5mm machine-guns. I have still to work out how to fake a partially glazed nose and cover some mapping issues.

As I understand it, if an area of a model has not been mapped for the skin then you can't put a tga file over the area. Is that correct?

Does anyone know how many 7.5mm rounds were carried for the forward facing and rear facing guns?

check your messages :grin:

Thanks to Veltro's changes to the model, I'm almost finished.

post-2351-049785400 1295075023.jpg

post-2351-071758500 1295075034.jpg

Of course!!!

The answer to the engines is DECALS!!! One step further.

post-2351-054385500 1295161085.jpg

Now the 633 is out I'll do a French and a Romanian skin for it. Active service in the Battle of France was quite short (two sorties) but the 633 was used by the Romanians until at least Stalingrad.

With the ground work completed there will probably be a few 630/631 skins to follow. France, Yugoslavia and Switzerland.

If someone wants to take on a small project and make a photo recon cupola that can be attached over the bomb bay area. This could be used to turn a 633 into a 637.

Lloyd

Progress on a Romanian skin.

post-2351-074770800 1295331441.jpg

post-2351-073822400 1295681007.jpg

post-2351-074980800 1295681018.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

Thanks Minefield

I'm collecting what I can find. If you have any good sources, they would be appreciated.

Lloyd