Sign in to follow this  

Hi there, I'm making (some very early WIP below) a dedicated Li-2 with TK new Exp.1/2 C-47A (and a flyable, upgraded, standard C-47A, too).

I'ld need to make a better model someone who could translate in russian the cockpit writs ....

..... anyboy interested to join the project?

Please PM to me.

Paul :drinks:

you gonna 'tweekificate' Kess's Dakota pit, or make a complete new one?

converting the measurements to metric is easy (and nearly 98.6% accurate too! :grin: )

wrench

kevin stein

you gonna 'tweekificate' Kess's Dakota pit, or make a complete new one?

converting the measurements to metric is easy (and nearly 98.6% accurate too! :grin: )

wrench

kevin stein

No, Kevin I'm only a painter.

I'ld not able to make a new pit. I'ld like to repaint/rework (with someone's help) the superb Kess's one.

I have a modded Lisunov (V.1.3) from Tk C-47A and a plenty of skins, both for Li-2 and/or C-47A ....

Nobody could help?

Very good the metric conversions ...

Paul

Edited by paulopanz

well, I can convert the pit ini to metric, if you want. Won't be perfect, but close enough

now ... if we could get the right DC-3 wav .... I do have one, but needs some 'adjustments' for SF use (attached)

I've an affinity for Douglas products, living less than a mile from what used to be the Santa Monica plant. >sigh< I miss my RG Smith paintings ... I had the FULL company aircraft painting set when I was a kid, military and civilian. I wanna go back in time and slap the crap outta that little brat, so he won't destroy them (I mean, what the hell does a 6-8 year old know about the value that those AvArts will have today???)

wrench

kevin stein

The Lisunov is quite heavy modified, but these are an example of the skins for C-47A I'm working on using Your original temps, Kevin.

post-5138-000674200 1295223007.jpgpost-5138-057570300 1295223417.jpg

I have to thank mostly our friend FrankD, my personal BAF tutor, about these.

.... just to move someone to help with the russian pit!

What a gift! The 'whistle' of the (Sky)train! Maybe 'Alex' Spillone104 .....

:drinks:

Edited by paulopanz

looking very nice the skins Paulo!!! :drinks:

I wait You Canberras!

Thank You Master! :drinks:

Almost every country had a C-47, a Dakota or a Li-2 in service ....

.... all I need are good color pics & serial numbers.

For the Lisunov a modded cockpit, too.

Paul

Edited by paulopanz

just look at the userlist for the C-47!!! I think the only people that DIDN't fly them, where the penguins in Antartica! (and they probably would have, if they could've gotten their wing/flippers/whatever, on them!)

wrench

kevin stein

here's the cockpit ini, for Kesselbrut's pit. now reads KMPH for airspeed, MPS for the VVI, and Meters for alt. I didn't change the fuel amounts (as I'm not really very good at converting gallons to lbs to kg or whatever is needed!)

You can see in the attached screenie, it's pretty damn close!

EDIT: do't forget to all "UseMetricUnit=TRUE" in the data ini!

spillone' did a great job on converting the sound!!! C-47s always had that distincitve note (as heard in hundreds of movies....). There's one that comes into SM airport every now and then ... and you can ALWAYS recognize that engine sound. Of course, there's the 'gate guard' DC-3 on a pole in the middle of airport. (you can see it on google earth)

wrench

kevin stein

edit: as to pictures, numbers, etc, have you looked at Farposst and military machine blog for books on it??

Edited by Wrench

just look at the userlist for the C-47!!! I think the only people that DIDN't fly them, where the penguins in Antartica! (and they probably would have, if they could've gotten their wing/flippers/whatever, on them!)

wrench

kevin stein

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/t/53

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/t/2005

A real work horse..... :blink:

Edited by Soulfreak