Sign in to follow this  
tedberchtold

cool things for FS! anyone have any experience?

So ive been doing a little research into some in home cockpit designs because i would love to take my flight simming to the next level!

ive stumbled across some absolutely amazing stuff like this guy here

or even this guy

but alas im sure i could never afford the what i imagine to be 10 to 15 thousand dollars minimum for setups such as these!

so i found this here http://www.flightcontrolsimulator.com/Cloudflyer.htm

now i have seen there are quite a few types of these self induced motion cockpits out there and im wondering if anyone has any experience with these?

is this the best one? do they work well? does it feel realistic at all? etc. etc.

any info would be great thanx guys!

I've been following the Flight Control Simulator guy for a while and have conversed with him via e-mail a few years back. His designs have evolved over the years as you can see in the pics and vids on his site. They certainly look interesting and I have been tempted, but for the expense of buying the thing and shipping it across the Atlantic. If you live in the US or Canada it's got to be more realistic. At the end of the day, though, they are still prototypes with the potential glitches and improvements to future models that this implies.

There is a sight for the die hard PC pilots called SIMKITS they have an entire 472 cabin where you can beef it up with a glass cockpit and flight deck. A must see go to _WWW.SIMKITS.COM :good: