Sign in to follow this  
dtmdragon

New Zealand Vampire Markings? (for a new skin)

Does anyone have any solid information or references photos of Royal New Zealand Air Force Vampire markings over the years they served?

From the photos I can find from that period all I can establish is they had a bare metal finish with Fern Leaf RNZAF roundels.

However I have seen models done of RNZAF vampires in green camo and with RAF style roundels.

And as far as Iam aware the only time a vampire has had the kiwi roundels has been on restored war birds flying today etc.

Can anyone shed some more light? I want to know what markings were worn, during what time periods, if any markings other than natural metal and fern leaf RNZAF rondals were even used.

Thanks,

Dan.

Does anyone have any solid information or references photos of Royal New Zealand Air Force Vampire markings over the years they served?

From the photos I can find from that period all I can establish is they had a bare metal finish with Fern Leaf RNZAF roundels.

However I have seen models done of RNZAF vampires in green camo and with RAF style roundels.

And as far as Iam aware the only time a vampire has had the kiwi roundels has been on restored war birds flying today etc.

Can anyone shed some more light? I want to know what markings were worn, during what time periods, if any markings other than natural metal and fern leaf RNZAF rondals were even used.

Thanks,

Dan.

http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/vampire.html

I found this site too have good reference and photos. It would appear that some Kiwi Vampires deployed overseas where in fact leased RAF in Kiwi colours but RAF series and Roundals.

James Fox

A nice find and I love that classic car in one shot! I'd love to own a car like that.

http://www.kiwiaircr...om/vampire.html

I found this site too have good reference and photos. It would appear that some Kiwi Vampires deployed overseas where in fact leased RAF in Kiwi colours but RAF series and Roundals.

James Fox

Thanks for that but what I really after is any period photos that show it for sure especially of any that may show them in a camouflage paint job, if they ever wore one.

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks for that but what I really after is any period photos that show it for sure especially of any that may show them in a camouflage paint job, if they ever wore one.

Cheers,

Dan

Dan I suggest you just go right ahead and do one. Tk over at his forum time and time again quotes. "This is a fun game, this only a light sim." right we all like to be accurate and yes there are those rivet counters out there, but you can learn not to see them. If you you really look at some of my skins, some which I noticed you have already used, they are not prefect. For example TK 's models often only map some aircraft parts once when there left and right parts so you do your best to make it look right. I too have seen the photos of models of RNZAF Camo Vampires. Also some of my skyhawk skins are fictional anyhow. Again remember this fun.

These opinons are my own and not Combat Aces. James Fox

Edited by James Fox