Sign in to follow this  
Wodin

Sound question

I have a different sound I want to use for when the plane gets hit....I have FE2 and have it all set up to add Planes etc so I use the C:\User etc etc folder. I've added new clouds with no problems aswell. However I have a sound I want to use when you get hit instead of the original...I called it DirtHit and put it in the sounds folder (I was replacing a previous mod) now however I hear nothing at all when I get hit....any Ideas? Also how come there is no sound for a dodgey engine and also why is the RotaryEngine sound listed in the Sound.ini? Fianlly is there anyway to turn up the engine sounds?

Thanks

The sounds in these TW series must be in PCM format and 8bit mono. But you colud use 11, 22 and 44 KHz frequencies. Just use the default windows sound recorder to see and edit the format of the .wav files.

Probably the missing damaged engine sound is an old bug. For engine sounds you don't need to list in the Soundlist.INI Is just the default setting for engine sound. To turn up the volume just edit the .wav files as above.

I've been using 16-bit, 44050 hz mono wav sounds successfully in ThirdWire titles for the last 8 years.

Edited by Fubar512

Damaged engine sound has NEVER worked since Day 1, SFP1... don't worry about it

wrench

kevin stein