Sign in to follow this  
Wodin

Need a favour if possible.

OK I've mentioned this before but here goes again. I have my settings for Aircraft skins at Normal NOT Hi Res. I did at one point tick the box to see what they looked like but didn't really notice anything so reverted back. HOWEVER I do get fire and wings and wing tips coming off but no other damage shown at all....no bullet holes or anything only major damage. I can't remember the DM now as OFF was of my system for awhile. SO do you get minor damage shown?

If so can someone post some screenies for me to see what it looks like...maybe somehwere along the line it has stuck with the Hi Res graphics and never reverted back...I have reinstalled since but used the same folder system so it may be something in the registry.

It is annoying when the controls are shot and I've been hammered and yet no visible damage at all...unless like I said a wing drops off. I have gone through a fair few screenshot pics here but only see major damage...

So some screenies of minor damage would be very helpful...then I know if something is wrong or not.

See through my "Screenshots" - there should be some pics showing bulletholes.

But there is no minor damage like very small pieces of fabric ripped off.

There are bulletholes, then there are larger chunks ripped off and wingtips torn away,

and the big damages show whole wings coming off.

In the "Screenshots" you should see, if there is any damage you can't get.

It would be nice to see a little more eye candy damage in P4.

The Bullet holes in P1 and 2 were better (imho)

(this is from P2)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

From what I've read, the bullet holes were rather unspectacular in those days - small.

They used no explosive ammo.

Here is good old Ernst Udet in his Albatros after having some huge portion of luck.

Seems they had put some white cardboard or paper into the holes to mark them.

Not very spectacular looking, is it? But he could have got killed that day....

Edited by Olham

Indeed!...but you have to have a little bit of imagination and some artistic licence regarding Damage...It is a game after all :drinks:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

I do have the same problem with Wodin...

I have never seen any bullet holes yet on my plane and have been damaged and forced down many times...

Once, I lost a wingtip and the damage was very well portrayed but no other damage ever shown to my plane.

I too have set the Plane skins to normal just for the damage feature, but still no candy! :dntknw:

If you fly the Albs...you 'seem' to get more damage...here's one I just flew!

(it did have Wings originally..but the screenshot 'removed them')..but you can see the bullet holes in the fuselage!!

I therefore retract my statement about p1 and 2 being better

German early rocket technology! :rofl:

But yes, this picture well shoes the bulletholes you should get.

The problem is why we can't see them in normal skin resolution... :dntknw:

No other damage except structural...

I also did have the skins resolution set to HD at first, (no vis. damage).

Downgraded to normal, (I didn't notice significal diffrrance, as Wodin stated above), just for the 'soft' damage stuff, but I haven't seen it yet and I've been damaged by mg fire, sometimes heavily, many times since...

What graphic cards do you use, Wodin and elephant? And how did you set them (AA and all that stuff)?

I have NVidia GFX 260.

AA set to 8Q overriding application settings.

I run OFF pretty much maxed out getting average FPS count of 45-30(when I pan around) .

Overal Graphic Detail : 5

Aircraft Detail : 5

Terrain Detail : 4

Scenery Detail : 4

Effects Quality : 5

Cloud Quality : 5

It mght be because we both set the Hi Res and dropped back down...I see no bullet holes full stop on any kite and I've put in a good 40 hours the last couple of weeks....

ATI 4870 1 gig...I have AA x8 narrow tent, enable adaptive AA performance, AF x16, Mipmap quality....Ive tried other settings and no difference...

I must say thought the Planes look damn good and I wouldn't be suprised it hasn't gone back to the normal settings...the SE5a is stunning...

I was going to say I might just be remembering Phase 2 but after that screenshot obviously not.

Aircraft 5

terrain 4

Scenery 4

Effects 5

Clouds 1

I have FPS between 56 and 36

Might be a bug...

Edited by Wodin

@wodin

@elephant

are you using any kind of 3rd party mod?

It mght be because we both set the Hi Res and dropped back down...

No - I have also tried HiRes and switched back down.

ATI 4870 1 gig...I have AA x8 narrow tent, enable adaptive AA performance, AF x16, Mipmap quality....

You have the same card and settings like me - so it should work. Only difference: I use "Box" instead of "narrow tent".

I must say thought the Planes look damn good and I wouldn't be suprised it hasn't gone back to the normal settings...the SE5a is stunning...

Have you ever tried to set to "Low Res", fly once, and then switch back to "Normal Res" ?

I have set my sliders to:

Aircraft 5

terrain 3

Scenery 2

Effects 5

Clouds 5

Edited by Olham

Yeah tried low res then normal........strange....I think when my new Ace dies I will do a clean reinstall with a slightly different folder set up...will go F:\OFF\OBD.......instead of F:\OBD....see if it happens then.

I do use HerWas mod updated to the lates but I have the problem even if it's not installed..and apparently this mod should show even more damage....just takes longer to cause major malfunctions...

Well that is odd Wodin and Elephant. I do seem to recall someone else noting this problem some time ago, but I do not remember what the ultimate solution was. Creaghorn may be on to something about a third-party mod causing the issue. I can say from my own experience that there is a fair amount of venting that will show up from bullets zipping through your kite when you suddenly find yourself somewhere you shouldn't.

Checked your amazing pics mate...superb work...and yes noticed bullet holes in the Spad and Neuip that I never see....

HPW damage mod caused an immortality, despite the setting Dead is Dead, or better, it probably caused that workshop didn't recognize changes anymore. also deinstalling the mod again didn't make it work again. but that should be fixed with his latest mod.

so did that nonvisible damages occure after you deinstalled his mod, or did it occure even before you have installed it. if it occured after you deinstalled the newest damage mod, than it seems it's still somehow broken. but as long as i know the latest damage mod should have fixed the glitch.

Here is my MODS Folder, (using JSGME):

post-10763-039973600 1295967595.jpg

Nothing too fancy, the latest DM mod, Sound mod II (patched up to the latest standard), N28 FM mod and a little tracer mod I did, by tweaking the stock tracer textures...

The sound tweak never worked properly for me in the MODS folder using JGSE... you have to manually add it...

@Creaghorn I'm using the latest...it was happening before I used it...also thanks for your hdr mod...I had to alter it a little to brighten things up a touch but it makes a difference.

Edited by Wodin

Just tried playing on low res and I saw bullet holes that I'm not getting on normal.

Seems you're so "high-end", that your "low res" is other people's "normal res"?

Now you only need to decide - will you stay with it?

DOn't think so as low res looks like low res...no where near the quality of screenhots you have or any others....I looked at hi res and there is no difference between my hi res and normal res...so it's not swapping to normal res...