Sign in to follow this  
Olham

For You And I

It just struck me - I had that song in my head, from YES album "Close to the Edge".

And although I never really liked that high voice singing of Anderson, I own some of their

early seventies records.

"And You and I" is my favourite Yes-song, and when I saw this video now, I thought the same

thoughts like our parents may have thought, when we were young:

"Back in our days of youth, the people could really play!"

Think I'm getting old...

PS: Alan White could really rock that triangle! :grin:

Edited by Olham

While this song is now one of my favs from the band I have always thought that "Yes" was one of the most underrated groups of the era.

They were quite famous here in Germany, and they also toured America.

But you're right, they never made it to the fame of Pink Floyd or Genesis.

There is still some really good, young talent out there today as well guys!

It is an 'age' thing...we all just become our Parents eventually

What about the Dutch band Focus? I've had a couple copies of Hamburger Concerto since it came out in 1973, ( I'm really old..) I consider it as seminal as Pink floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon" or 'Meddle'.

On Vinyl and CD

Birth by Focus

The entry to the Second side of Hamburger concerto "Starter" with Thjis Van Leer on keyboards still gives me goosebumps..

Have any of you folks heard of The Decemberists?

Edited by Lewie

"Naw, naw, son - let me tell you: everything WAS much better in the past - even the future!

How old are you now, kid? Fiftyfive? At your age, I was sixty already! Beat that, young man!"

:grandpa:

Yer right, Widowmaker, and I never stopped listening to and buying new music. And my taste is rather -

ahm - special; no one usually knows the bands I like. Do you know more from Procol Harum than just

"A Whiter Shade of Pale"? Or - more recent - do you know "Curve", "Sigur Rós" or "Archive"?

Lewie, when I look back on bands like Focus, Nice, Procol Harum and many others, it is so obvious

nowadays, that - although they tried to be new and different to their parents - they were very influenced

by the classical music they had played, when they learned their instruments.

Focus was among the records my friends had and played at their parties.