Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT MAW addon-Help please?

Does anyone here have the Mediterranian Air War addon for CFS3?

If so, has anyone installed it in Win7 64?

It wont run the setup file to install

I have it WM, but I've only ever installed it in XP Pro 64. Maybe a posting over at Sim Outhouse or another site with a large pool of CFS3 experts would give you the answer.

It's ok thanks Lou...Ive sussed it :grin:

How did you get it to work, WM?

Erm,,,,don't worry, I can't find my MAW files anymore :sad:.

"Zatt's better! Vee hav to fight ze Warr here at ze Western Front - you Crumpetz cannot leave mee alone?!"

"Zatt's better! Vee hav to fight ze Warr here at ze Western Front - you Crumpetz cannot leave mee alone?!"

We would never leave you, Olham. You Krauts provide us with such easy pickings:wink2:. It's just the thought of a flight in warmer climes.

Still, not possible now I've misplaced my files - I don't think you can download it anymore.

"Damned - now zey vill all bee off for ze sun! Bathing in the Mediterranean Sea!!!

Hey, you guys - don't leave me here! Even ein Hun needz der Sun!

Perhapz der Türks let me hav ein Albatros?"

Lou many thanks indeed :salute:. What is this "Checksum" they mention - don't remember that.

Olham, I will not dessert you, I need the target practise :lol:. With me it is OFF first but I recently thought about MAW and would just like to get it up and running again.

Dessert me? How do you mean - viss raspberry sauce???

Quite fresh, der Häschen* - target practise! Huh!!

I'll vill teach you sometzink elsz: find ze target, before it shredders you!

And it vill be difficult to find me - I may be below your tail plane all ze time!

Perrfekt shootink distanz!!

Mmuahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!

(* Häschen = Bunny; German Jasta slang for a rookie pilot)

Edited by Olham

What was the other great addon that Winder was a member of?...Battle of Britain one I believe?

Forgive me father for I have sinned.....

I've stuck MAW on the PC.......... at WORK!!

If the business wasn't in trouble before it is now......

It was accidental. Honest. Well, accidentalish. I brought my external hard drive from home to backup the work PC and there was MAW just sitting there!!! What was I supposed to do? I thought, I'll just zap it across and see if it works. I reckoned not because the office machine is Win7 64bit, and the install was a backed up XP version, but in it went and it flies!!!! Woooohoooo!. And , er, err yes, it was lucky I had the right CFS3 disk in the office too.

Only thing is, I just copied it, not a proper install, and when I exit, (hey, I do do SOME work) I find it doesn't exit properly. It appears to exit, but when I play again it says there's one CFS3 already running. It's OK, the three fingered salute lets me shut down the CFS3, (ctrl+alt +del) but does anybody know why it isn't shutting down properly? Is it a 64 bit thing?

By the way, I've not been doing much flying lately, but I'd forgotten how good MAW actually is. Just love those Beaufighters.

Flying at work could only be forgiven, if it was OFF, my son. That's 20 "Our Father in Heaven" and 10 "Ave Maria"!