Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Wings TV: Wings of Russia

Has anyone been watching this series?? It's a Russian docco series about the history of Soviet/Russian aviation from pre-WWI to the present. I can't turn it or the heavily accented Russian narrator and his slightly broken English! It has a lot of historical footage that you just never see in Western series such as the ones on the History or Discovery channels. Has anyone come across this series at all...?

It's not shown here, I think it's the first dubbed Russian documentary I've ever seen. It was interesting how it was from the Russian perspective too. Little things like WWII being The Great Patriotic War in Russia and only being referred to as such, Viktor Belenko being portrayed in a slightly negative way, that whole episode dedicated to Ekranoplans -- I never realised the CM-1 was the size of a frigate!! From the photos I've seen, I thought looked to be about the size of a large plane like a C-5 Galaxy or An-124 Ruslan. I've never seen that amount of detail or footage on them before. It was fantastic!

Edited by Say What?!

Neither do i, i`m shocked by the Beriev Bartini VVS-14 which "refused to land!!!" contrary on what it looks but it is a very impressive show. I haven`t seen all the parts but for sure is on my weekend to do list for this weekend, once again great show, maybe they can make more emphasis now in modern planes, since they got covered most of the older planes...

• Like 1

very impressive show lots of new details, loved it...

Yep watched it on youtube, superb, Mr.militaryaviation (userid) has a fantastic channel with all of them.

Edited by Atreides