Sign in to follow this  
Taterd

F4 E Cockpit / Radar Problem ?

When I fly the F4 E The cockpit looks like the graphics are not lining up and the radar whites out once I have begun to sweep in any of the series V/E/I. anybody got any ideas?

Could you plz provide a screenshot of the problem.

Sure and thanks for taking a look?

post-57440-068531800 1296922372.jpg

I remember this issue...it had something I think do to with the video drivers...

FC

I remember this issue...it had something I think do to with the video drivers...

FC

I know video drivers are some strange things but to just disrupt the F4 E and not the other varients of the same aircraft sounds like some sort of setting rather than a video driver. I was messing around with the F4 E and dirted its INI to that of the F4 D and the cockpit graphic cleared up but the Radar was inop. Thanks for taking a look at this for me and I hope somebody can give me hand?

If you use the stock .inis, is the problem still there?

If you use the stock .inis, is the problem still there?

yes the graphic is the stndard INI. I changed it back once it did not fix the radar problem!

The old tga vs bmp thing?

Question: After turning it on, as the radar sweeps, does the screen get progressively more green and more saturated? If so, we had an issue in old SF-1 PATCH where TK went all radar.bmp on us, and all the old mod airplanes radar.tga's sweeped solid green and would not erase previous sweeps. Every mod airplane radar.tga had to be converted to bmp.

The old tga vs bmp thing?

Question: After turning it on, as the radar sweeps, does the screen get progressively more green and more saturated? If so, we had an issue in old SF-1 PATCH where TK went all radar.bmp on us, and all the old mod airplanes radar.tga's sweeped solid green and would not erase previous sweeps. Every mod airplane radar.tga had to be converted to bmp.

Yep, thats it any ideas?

start converting tgas to bmps??? Or point only to stock items via the avionics ini, or point to a stock avionics ini?

wrench

kevin stein

start converting tgas to bmps??? Or point only to stock items via the avionics ini, or point to a stock avionics ini?

wrench

kevin stein

As most have probably guessed I am not an expert at this. could you elaborate on stock items. I am out messing with it now and appreciate your help!

Bobby

the answer is very simple

You used TGA components for radar display. (could have been your radar background)

so the solution is

Use BMP instead.

You need to remove any and all mods from your install. The FASTEST way to do that is go into where your mods are at and rename the mod folders...usually something like: C:\Users\[yourname]\Saved Games\ThirdWire. Within that directory you'll see your mod folders (like StrikeFighters 2, StrikeFighters 2 Europe, etc, etc). Simply rename them (like rename StrikeFighters 2 to xStrikefighters 2, etc) for whatever particular sim you are having the issue.

The run the sim...it will rebuild the directories with all stock stuff. Then test the particular aircraft you are having trouble with.

FC

first question I should have asked (m'bad!)....

Is this a STOCK 3rd Wire aircraft, that came with the game, or something you added? If added, there's something "off" in whatever its using for the radar textures.

Best thing to do, is just what FC said ... start absolutely fresh, without any addons, and see if the problem persists or returns.

wrench

kevin stein

first question I should have asked (m'bad!)....

Is this a STOCK 3rd Wire aircraft, that came with the game, or something you added? If added, there's something "off" in whatever its using for the radar textures.

Best thing to do, is just what FC said ... start absolutely fresh, without any addons, and see if the problem persists or returns.

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench & All,

Here we go fella's and thanks for your help in advance. I uninstalled all three pruducts and decided to start fresh. Installed SFV2 worked great. Installed SF2E worked great. Installed SF2I and any F4-E type aircraft in any verson has the screwed up cockpit and the radar problem. I did delete all of the information in the saved games directory before trying to do the fresh install. I have done none of the patches as of yet and will try that now and let you know how that works. However this is the second time I have done this and it did occur after all patches were installed last night.

Bobby