Sign in to follow this  
sparkomatic

again?

So the USAF has announced yet another cut in jobs...this time a full-up RIF (reduction in force). This year they will cut 2,300 officers. They are also planning on cutting people with restrictions (officers and enlisted), say if a person has a discipline file or medical issue.

This will make some of you laugh, but last year the USAF decided to take physical fitness seriously (hold your jokes). But in typical USAF fashion, they went all or nothing. Going from a service which used to make people ride a stationary bicycle (taken from the Navy, before you get too cocky) to if you fail a PT test twice you can be discharged. No f'ing kidding. Hello DJ Whiplash! Now, read that along with the first paragraph again. We already lost one dude 3 months ago in the building I work in and the CC pulled two more dudes aside this week and gave them the option of taking the test or throwing the dice.

So what is my point in this rant? Simply, if you are thinking about joining the USAF, maybe look at other options. Last time we did a full up RIF, it was UGLY. You never saw so many cut-throat people in your life. And those scars have never healed. Now, CSAF is cutting on the tender scar. This from a guy that instituted "Blues on Monday" and has Justin Bieber hair.

There are three really sharp NCOs in aforementioned building who have all sought commissioning options and were told that the door is closed right now. Maybe you have a neighbor going to boot camp next week, sure they are not closing all off completely, but it is a very dicey time for us.

Doesnt sound bad until you remember the 40,000 jobs that Moseley cut (plus 22,000 accessions that were snuffed).

Consider this that sign in every horror movie that people walk past anyway...

cheers :drinks:

That is why I'm retiring this year......

If the 2300 they cut are all O-5 or above I think that wouldn't be a bad thing. Cutting out the guys that are actually working though...

JediMaster whatcha think they are gonna do? actually treat the ones who work decent?

sparkomatic i think everyone but the Marines is gonna be that way. one of the things i told my soldiers before i left active service was to make sure their sh!t was straight cause with the wars winding down(full opinion on that a matter for another topic) the army would downsize and re-up would not be something they try to get you to do, it will become a privelege to fight for. the Army is already going back to enforcing standards(hieght wieght criminal record!) that were absolute gospel in the clinton years. my joes chuckled and said yea ok. one told me beginning of the year there was no more reup bonuses, just sign for the needs of the army for anyone not on first term of enlistment.................................................

only reason I say the Marines wont go that way is they all ways have high turn over, gotta keep young blood in to do what they do.

Well said, Gates announced that the Marines would be cut also, but not until around 2014 or so.

Hey JM, depends on the O-5... :lol:

Cheers