Sign in to follow this  
Guest British_eh

Well, this seems to be a problem

Guest British_eh

Hi there,

So after my PC crash I loaded and flew CFS3, with 3.1 and 3.1a onboard. I then loaded OFF Between Heaven and Hell. I flew that too. Everything OK. Then, from a saved HITR I loaded it, and 1/2 of the aircraft in OFF disappeared and I couldn't find an SE 5a to fly. I looked in the OBD file, and say the blighter there, but it wouldn't load. Any ideas???????????????

Cheers,

British_eh

That's a stump-er British... some questions that might help.

What system specs are you running? Are you running either Vista or 7? If so, you might need to reinstall with administrator privileges granted, or it won't copy all of the files over correctly. To ensure a complete install on my Windows 7 rig with HiTR, I boot into safe mode and install / patch OFF to completion as for some reason, my copy of HiTR conflicts with my anti-virus, which is Microsoft Security Essentials and it will not install with MSE running. My suggestions is boot into safe mode, install HITR from the original .exe file, patch the game and then reboot into normal mode and see if that sorts things out.

Just some ideas as I sit here nursing some early morning tea. Hope that helps!

Edited by _CaptSopwith

Did you remember to load patches 1.46 and 1.47? Seems to me I had a similar problem sometime back and that fixed it.

Beard

Hi there,

So after my PC crash I loaded and flew CFS3, with 3.1 and 3.1a onboard. I then loaded OFF Between Heaven and Hell. I flew that too. Everything OK. Then, from a saved HITR I loaded it, and 1/2 of the aircraft in OFF disappeared and I couldn't find an SE 5a to fly. I looked in the OBD file, and say the blighter there, but it wouldn't load. Any ideas???????????????

Cheers,

British_eh

Guest British_eh

Thanks guys,

So I added the 1.47 mini patch and still no go. I did notice that the CFS3 config was acting up and not holding my selections. I think I will try a reload in safe mode with HITR, and then add the mini patch.

Cheers,

British_eh

Let us know how it goes m8...if you've had a problem, no doubt others will too at some point

Sounds like you forgot to patch BH&H first too before installing HITR maybe? Remove all traces of OFF (including anything in the full steps are clearly listed in the FAQ..

http://overflandersfields.com/FAQ#Installation_and_settings

(maybe clean out what you have so far, http://overflandersfields.com/FAQ#A21 about half way through that question see

"How to Clean OFF P2 registry settings in: Vista or Windows 7"

Guest British_eh

Hi there,

Thanks POL and all for your insight. In comparing my saved files and current there were some discrepancies so I cleaned out the Registry and reloaded it all. Seems it went perfectly :)

Cheers,

British_eh

PS Always back up everything often as I have gone through 4 hard drives on various computers. Lucky for me all the pictures are safe on two external hd's.