Sign in to follow this  
DEVIL11

South Vietnam Crash

Hi i recently installed WOV Air & Ground War Expansion Pack Gold and i chose to fight in south vietnam but when i try to it crashes anything i should do

Hi i recently installed WOV Air & Ground War Expansion Pack Gold and i chose to fight in south vietnam but when i try to it crashes anything i should do

You must visit this thread.

There is a fix attached to the last message.

Folks:

Hold on a minute. The TARGETS.INI fix that was released on Jan. 30 was for the SF2V version of the Expansion Pack, not the WOV version. We released that fix to correct crashes resulting from changes made to the SV campaigns that appeared once people installed Exp. Pack 2. None of those changes/fixes for the SV campaigns and terrain were implemented for the WOV version because there were no reports of problems with the WOV version (no new patches from TK to cause them).

Devil11, where/when are you getting the crashes? In campaigns or single missions? At what point does it crash? What error messages if any do you see?

Eric Howes

It crashes when i push next on single missions single missions and then it crashes on campains when i press fly. the error message says wings over vietnam error

Devil11:

Based on the information you've provided, about the only thing I can tell you is that there is something seriously wrong with your installation. I would recommend starting from scratch and doing a complete reinstall. During your reinstall, check to ensure that:

1) you are installing the WoV version of the mod, not the SF2V version;

2) that you have downloaded and are installing the content from all three install packages;

3) you have patched WoV to either the Aug.2006 or Oct.2008 level;

4) you install the proper files for your patch level of WoV (the ReadMe explains this in detail);

5) when you apply the latest update (Jan. 2011) for the mod itself, you are applying the update correctly so as not to end up with improperly nested directories.

Eric Howes