I'm hoping we can start a knowledge base, maybe?

I bought the sim and have several basic questions and hope I can get some help here, just to get me in the air.

These are things that I can't find clear answers to in the manual. Or a simple, step-by-step guide.

Maybe I'm being impatient and just need to sit with the manual.

Just hoping theirs some quick tips out there.

1. I see no mention of how make sure TIR is working.

2. I would sure appreciate clearer instructions about identifying my CH gear. And, does anyone have a CH file they would be willing to share, please?

If I could get help with these it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TurtleHawk

The blue light should go on if it's working right. Make sure you do a games update in the TIR software so it recognizes DCS. Then it should just work, I don't recall having to do anything for BS or FC2 to make it work.

As for mapping sticks to controls, that's always a PITA. I know it will be some work getting my G940 setup proper.

Thanks, JediMaster.

I'll do that for the TIR.

I got my FighterStick sort of working, still no joy on the throttle. I know it's something very simple.

I'll spend more time on it this weekend.

Appreciate the reply.

The blue light should go on if it's working right. Make sure you do a games update in the TIR software so it recognizes DCS. Then it should just work, I don't recall having to do anything for BS or FC2 to make it work.

As for mapping sticks to controls, that's always a PITA. I know it will be some work getting my G940 setup proper.

Turtlehawk, what CH products do you have? I have a bunch of CH gear but I have a great profile for the Fighterstick and Pro Throttle. I'd be willing to remove the other controllers from my profile and send it to you.

Ruggbutt,

Thanks for the reply.

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I checked here. I kinda gave up on DCS.

I've decided to try DCS, again.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would share your profile.

I have a Fighterstick and Pro Throttle.

Thank you,

TurtleHawk

I've always Ignored a Game's Internal "Controls Configuration" and just made profiles in the Controllers Software (for me it was SST when i had my X52, and is now CH Control Manager). That way i can make use of the 3 modes :) I think I downloaded my DCS A-10C Profile from the CH Hanger (i think).

Edited by SkateZilla

Yes, in an ideal world, but the Logi software doesn't seem to like DCS too much.

I got TIR to work.

What I really need is a tutorial for set-up of my CH Fighterstick and ProThrottle. I just can't get it figured out. :helpme:

I can't figure out how to get the game to recognize the hardware.

Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Thanks.

Basic way to do that in DCS A-10 - you go to options, select A-10 sim and All to see the full list

Select the column for the controller and and row for item you want to assign to.

Press add to get the add pop up box - then press a button on stick

I got TIR to work.

What I really need is a tutorial for set-up of my CH Fighterstick and ProThrottle. I just can't get it figured out. :helpme:

I can't figure out how to get the game to recognize the hardware.

Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Do you have Control Manager installed?

Do you have Control Manager installed?

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I do have CM installed.

Download my profile at the CH Hangar and load it.

I went to the Hangar, but couldn't find anything with your file. Do you have a link you can point me to, please?

I'm making some progress. I got the game to recognize my stick, but still no go with the throttle. :dunno:

You can get my FC2 profile here. You'll have to remove the controllers from the profile that you don't have, but I can talk you thru that.

Have you mapped the throttle axis in game?

Edited by Ruggbutt

You can get my FC2 profile here. You'll have to remove the controllers from the profile that you don't have, but I can talk you thru that.

Have you mapped the throttle axis in game?

Got it!

I'm guessing it's not mapped in the game. I'll see if I can figure that out today, while watching some football.

I know this can't be that hard, since others are up and flying. Just not as simple and intuitive as SF. I need "Configuring Your Gear for Dummies". :pardon:

Thanks, again.