Sign in to follow this  
Wilches

Adding Aircraft Carriers/Ships to SF2

Dears, I wish to place some ships (cargo and military) to WOE2/WOI2. Did anyone here already tried this? I don't know the correct coordinates for them. My intention is to add the following:

WOE2- Channel and Baltic

- 2 aircraft carriers for French - early/late

- 3 aircraft carriers for Royal Navy - early/late

- 3 aircraft carriers for US Navy - early/late

- 1 aircraft carriers for Russian Navy - late

WOI2- Mediterraen

- 1 aircraft carriers for French

- 2 aircraft carriers for Royal Navy

"Early" means '50s and "late" modern. Is there any work on this around? Thanks! :salute:

It was done for 1stGen WoE; shouldn't be any different here (excepting running into the same problem -- not enough 'sea room' on the GermanyCE map.)

For expansion pak 1, the Suez War mod we did, the carriers are there.

new target areas (ie: CarrierStation=TRUE) must be added to the _targets.ini. Same as it's always been

wrench

kevin stein

There are 3 carrier areas on SF2 Europe NF4+...

im trying to use one, "LHA-1"...

The aircraft spawns well, and the carrier is there... apeears to be no problem, but if im shoot down or something.... and i try to "Refly" the mission... the plane explodes just when the "loading" screen ends... i can see for the wingman (that does not explodes) that the aircraft re-spawn on front of the carrier, and thats why i explode.

Any idea why i get re-spawned on front on carrier and not in the original position? Thanks.

OK, I've checked the WOI2 with the expansion pack and the carriers are there - but only for campaigns. My goal is to make them active in the mission editor. That's include the Cyprus bases. Any clue? :dntknw:

Ok, I've read all of the KB stuff on this. Do I need to add the carrier to the .types.ini also?

Or when using the ExP2 mission editor do I need to be over the carrier station in order to get the CV be allowed to be used?

-S

Ok, I've read all of the KB stuff on this. Do I need to add the carrier to the .types.ini* also?

Give that man a cheroot!! And don't forget to place them in the _targets.ini, too.

wrench

kevin stein

* -- TargetValue=0