that the WoE/WoV/WoI terrain editor DON'T CARE which/what HFD it opens? That as long as you have the correct texturelist ini, for whichever terrain you're fiddling with, it'll open --and open correctly with all the stuff where it's supposed to be??

As some of you may have guessed, I'm doing some reworking on the Cuba/Florida terrain from OTC. And just for s**ts and grins; after spending 2+ days *&%$#ing around with it in that crappy SF TE, took a chance and created a stand-alone Cuba-only TE, will all the specific stuff for JUST this terrain (I have a habit of doing that ... creating seperate TE folder for seperate terrains -- keeps things MUCH simplier!)

TOD creation is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier; the "work area" is twice as large, and the zoom is better (if if the 1600 is "misplaced")

Any other TE guys still using that SF for desert-based terrains, move it over and try this! YOu won't be sorry! Wish I'd known ths 3 year ago....

The screenie below is the main work screen -at the standard, 'full size' or 100$ size. You can zoom down to almost individual pixels (yes, that's a new tile)

wrench

kevin stein

Kevin I have somewhere full inis for TODs I did for OTC treemod, if you want them...

I barely understand what it's all about, probably that I have to find a read a TE tutorial, but it sounds to be a great news so cheers Wrench! grin.gif

To let me go to bed less idiot tonight, could you simply vulgarize what are you now using instead of that SF for desert-based terrains?

Wrench :rofl:

I tried tod creation once and quicly figured it was bound to lead to hair pulling.. So I left that alone...

Stary's tods are marvelous anyway :good:

well, I had been using the desert TE for ALL terrains using desert tiles. This works the same, and is easier on my old, wornout eyes (too much p0rn maybe???)

TOD creation is a nightmare ... the only thing I can't do is like Stary does, and 'add in' those cool other buildings. Never figured that out, even with Deuces' tutorial, so I use the stock littler ones. Best advice for that, is follow the street patterns ... I always use the philosophy of 'it is man made, or G*d made?' Bulidings should follow a somewhat organised pattern; trees (outside of cities) should be random, more natural looking.

Stary, I was actually gonna hit you up for some TODs! Need some for the new river tiles in the Panama (GH3 based) and for here as well, once I finish tile creation/importation. I've only added 18 so far, with anothet 8-10 to go. Your treemods rooolz on the terrain! For the 'new' sea/plains tiles, I can do those, as they're used for Cape Canaveral, and want it not quite as overgrown as the Everglades. (hhmmmm....swamp tiles???...have to experiment with that...)

(oddly enough, I still have Deuces' original TOD inis, from 2003, as they came WITH the terrain!)

wrench

kevin stein