Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

LASD Helicopter crashes at March ARB

PHOTO: ( http://www.march.afrc.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/110223-F-GQ530-104.JPG )

"Members of the March Fire Department and 452nd Security Forces Squadron respond to a Los Angeles Country Sheriff’s Department helicopter which experienced a hard landing on February 23. The two pilots were not injured during the landing. The helicopter was conducting a routine training flight at the base. The incident is currently under investigation." (U.S. Air Force photo/ Tech. Sgt. Christine Jones)

What happened is that the pilot was a student and practicing on how to land during a simulated IFE. I see them do this all the time when I'm posted out in the secured areas. I've always had that sinking feeling that one of these days they will land a bit too hard. This happened during the previous shift and on one of my off days. So I didn't get to see this in person.

Edited by serverandenforcer

at least they are okay

Cheers :drinks: