Sign in to follow this  
ace888

Hud_Attitudebars?

Anyone,

I am trying to modify the HUD on the F-4 project I am working on. I am giving it a modern HUD. I am not using the modern cockpit HUD on the F-4E_ AUP or the F-4EJ_Kai.

I am using the F-16A or the Kfir attitude bars. So far I am having the hardest time trying to fit the attitude bars within the confine of the HUD glass.

The following is the default numbers for the attitude bar. I have play with it and the end result is the attitude bar is still showing just above the HUD glass. To be more specific, the +10 degree pitch bar is floating just above the HUD glass for the Kfir ; as for the F-16A... the +10 degree pitch bar is even higher?

Any help would be great.

Kfir

ImageSize=0.160

StepInterval=5

StepHeight=0.25

F-16A

ImageSize=0.185

StepInterval=2.5

StepHeight=0.125

Thanks

Edited by ace888

the job of the HUD pitch bars is to show the angle. If 10 degrees is above the 3dmodels's hud glass, then that is where it would want to draw it...

But in the HUD configuration, you set the boundaries for drawing the HUD so that anything outside of the glass gets clipped. If you look over the HUD parameters, I am sure you can find the variables that limit the drawing area for the HUD.

streakeagle,

Which area to look for the HUD parameters?

thanks

Look at the hud section, there are entries:

ViewportTopLeft= <------------ this responsible for left and upper hud drawing limits

ViewportBottomRight=

I have tried that, no luck there. However, I will tweak it more and see if I can make the changes I want.

Did you tried to reduce the second parameter in ViewportTopLeft entry? It should work.