Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

SF2E exp2 Mission editor - No carrier or Ships

hello guys, i've just recently brought the expansion pack 2...

but when i try to make a carrier mission, any carrier appear in the ground objecs list...do i have to make any changes to make 'em appear?

this happens with any terrain i am playing with :(

thanks in advance.

Isn't it a Water.bmp missing somewhere?

Chek your terrain's in file and see if there's a parameter "WaterMap=".

Isn't it a Water.bmp missing somewhere?

Chek your terrain's in file and see if there's a parameter "WaterMap=".

it is:

WaterMap=GermanyCE_Water.bmp

the GermanyCE_Water.bmp is not in terrain folder, maybe it has some to do with it/

EDIT: i've tried with the core install it worked fine, is that any way i can be able to put this feature with NF-4 + or any other map?

Edited by Silverbolt

there was a whole thread about it, they wound up making new tiles(?) for the water and it solved the issue of no ships showing up.

GERMANYCE_WATER.BMP is in the cat files so it should used by the game anyway.

By the way, DESERT_WATER.BMP, ISRAELME_WATER.BMP and VIETNAMSEA_WATER.BMP are also in the cat files, so no need to have them in your terrain folder, as far as I know.

Not sure to understand why it would work, but you could try to put the bmp in your terrain folder anyway.

Here it is:http://www.mediafire.com/file/et27oyiedabhmu9/GERMANYCE_WATER.7z

The thread daddyairplanes is referring is this one:http://combatace.com/topic/60932-formats-for-carriers-and-warship-with-the-mission-editor/

Good luck

is there a carrier station defined in the terrains _target.ini???? (by default, ONLY VietnamSEA has them ...so they'll need adding)

wrench

kevin stein

ok just gave something a try here. SF2V/E/I with EXP 1 and 2, flew A-7E off of the Kittyhawk and bombed Beriut Int'ls runway. prob would have landed on the carrier too if i hadnt over flown a Zues23 and blown up. go into your mission editor , center the map over water and create a ground object.(sake of arguement it will be G001.) then go to the info for your assigned flight/aircraft and set the start and landing bases for G001. you will take off and land from the carrier.