Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

FSX

With Preview Dx10 mode, I'm limited to a few 3rd party add-on aircraft as they are all still using bmp textures, plus I lose some aircraft lights, plus some other additional textures.

But in Dx9, I get all that back, but the look isn't as real as in Dx10.

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Sucks MS ditched the FS department. Maybe we could have gotten a decent patch to bring FSX up to Win7 standards. Finally when comps can run it all out, MS bails.

-Jeff

Still using DX9 here Jeff, your last sentance says it all really.

True that last sentence says it all... MS bailed and from what I hear the next FS from them could be sim lite but fantastic to look at...

Yeah, "MS Flight"...but look, we dropped the word simulator!! It's easy now!! Buy it!!

I'm DX10 Preview all the way. Not only are the graphics superior to DX9, my framerate is 100% higher. DX10 rocks! As to the add-on aircraft issue, I recently purchased a fleet of A321s that are DX10 compatible. Today I bought the Lincair IV-P--DX10 compatible. I loaded a freeware Tiger Moth (WWI) that is just gorgeous. It is also DX10 compatible. All the add-ons I want are DX10 compatible. I simply won't buy one that isn't. I even some freeware that are DX10 compatible. I also have a payware A.I. traffic program installed, and REX2 + Overdrive. They are all DX10 compatible. Finally, I have a few ORBX airports that were free. Yup, DX10 compatible.

It doesn't make sense to me to settle for poorer graphics AND half the framerate in DX9. It doesn't make sense not to fly with DX10 preview checked.