View File

Readme File 31/3/2011

------------

HPW Rear Guns Bullet Spread Mod

by Herr Prop Wasche

Zip file contents:

HPW Rear Guns mod folder and subfolders

HPWRearGunsReadme.txt

Mod Description: The HPW Rear Guns Bullet Spread mod adjusts the Less Accurate setting in the Rear Guns selection box located in Workshop to make the rear guns for the AI observer somewhat less accurate than it is in the stock game. Please note that this mod does NOT alter either the Normal or the Accurate settings for the AI observer, on the theory that users who prefer these settings are masochists already :grin: who do not wish the bullet spread for the AI to be watered down any further. Instead, this mod is intended for those who feel the AI at the Less Accurate setting in the stock game is still just a little too accurate.

####EXTREMELY IMPORTANT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS####

This mod should be used ONLY with Jonesoft's Generic Mod Enabler. ALSO, BECAUSE THIS MOD ALTERS SOME WORKSHOP SETTINGS, ANOTHER COPY OF THE JSGME PROGRAM MUST *FIRST* BE INSTALLED INSIDE THE PARENT OBDSoftware FOLDER--NOT THE CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields FOLDER!! THIS WILL CREATE A SEPERATE MODS FOLDER LOCATED INSIDE THE OBDSoftware FOLDER. COPY OR EXTRACT THE HPW REAR GUNS FOLDER AND SUBFOLDERS INTO THIS NEW MODS FOLDER!! To activate the mod, you must run the JSGME program LOCATED INSIDE YOUR OBDSoftware FOLDER and then click on the HPW Rear Guns file. Do not worry about having two copies of JSGME installed in OFF. I have tested this out and it does not seem to cause any issues with either OFF or my system. Just make sure you copy or extract the gun mod to the correct copy of JSGME, located inside the OBDSoftware folder.

####EXTREMELY IMPORTANT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS####

VERSION HISTORY

Initial release

------------

Thank you for downloading and using the HPW Rear Guns Bullet Spread Mod. I hope that it adds to your enjoyment of Over Flanders Fields and HITR. I would again like to express my thanks and appreciation to OBD Software for all of their help and encouragement. Of course, with the exception of the small tweaks contained herein, all work remains the sole work and property of OBD software. If you have any questions or experience any problems with the installation of this mod, you can reach me at www.combatace.com at the Over Flanders Field forum.

Hi HPW,

the description says that this modifies the Less Accurate setting, but the folder structure in the mod shows that it makes the changes to the "Hard" folder in the OBD/WWI Scenery/... folder. Should that be the "Easy" folder instead?

Hi HPW,

the description says that this modifies the Less Accurate setting, but the folder structure in the mod shows that it makes the changes to the "Hard" folder in the OBD/WWI Scenery/... folder. Should that be the "Easy" folder instead?

Bump for the this question. C'mon HPW....been "dying" to try this!

Sorry to have missed these replies--I guess I haven't been scrolling down far enough. :fool:

Are you talking about the main guns mod or the rear guns mod? The main guns mod makes changes to all of the settings, while the rear guns mod changes only the "Less Accurate" setting because few, if any, people use the other settings. Although the OFF folder names for "Hard, Normal, and Easy" are confusing, the names and files are correct. In this case, "Hard" applies to the difficulty the AI reargunner has in shooting at YOU. I toned this down a little in the mod so the AI reargunner is a little more inaccurate. The rear guns mod does NOT change the settings for human reargunners.

Hope that clears things up. Let me know how you like the mods.

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

In this case, "Hard" applies to the difficulty the AI reargunner has in shooting at YOU. I toned this down a little in the mod so the AI reargunner is a little more inaccurate.

That is what I was looking for.

Thanks for your OFF mod work - its much appreciated!

You are more than welcome. Let me know how much of a difference you notice with the mod.