Sign in to follow this  
leduc

Graphic Problem

Hi !

After several months I return to OFF.

I have a graphic problem : When my plane is on the ground, I have graphic glitches wich appear when I look around, my screen fills up with colored stripes (black, brown...). This stripes appear when I look in one direction. In flight, no problem but when I land the problem is back.

My rig :

XP SP3

i5 760

Geforce 460 GTX oc (drivers updated this afternoon with the latest official drivers).

Any ideas ?:unsure:

Thank you !

post-46432-0-72503800-1301848841.jpg

The Latest Driver is not always the Greatest Driver.

Just because it's new . . . doesn't mean it's better

I've got a GTX260 it may be a bit long in the tooth, but I've been running the same drivers for roughly 18 months. But I've had no major complaints

What I'm trying to say . . If it ain't broke, don't fix it drinks.gif

Thank you Uncleal for your answer.

In fact, I had this problem with the older drivers : that's why I loaded the new ones.

I think I've found the problem : when I put the objects slider up to 3 I've got this bug. I tried three flights and I didn't notice this problem anymore. I will try again the next days.

I use these following sliders : 2 5 4 3 3 2.

Anyone notices this bug ?

In fact, I was talking about the Scenery detail slider (sorry, it was a bad translation from french to english). If I put the slider to level 4, the graphic problem appears. Maybe a problem between the game and the graphic card ?

I have an i7 975, and Crossfire ATI 4890's and my FPS are between 50 and 60 all the time. But if I go above 3 on either of the two terrain sliders, I start to get black ground squares. The moment I bring them back to 3, the black ground squares do not appear, so I keep the terrain sliders at 3 and everything else at 5.

As the Doctor once said, "if it hurts when you do that, quit doing that" :rofl:

The sliders are not the same as CFS3, they are generally +2. So 3 = 5 now in OFF etc. So if it doesn't like high settings that's because your CPU/GPU/memory isn't happy so set it lower ;) Terrain and Scenery are massively improved from CFS3 and so high sliders will tax your system a LOT. Set those two to "3" is the best general rule and see if all is well, then maybe try 4,4 on high end systems. Best avoid 5,5 even on high systems.