Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

No Pilot

Joined the A-team group, and downloaded a couple of aircraft...but the pilot's seem to be missing...flown by ghosts!..lol

There appears to be 4 pilot files sitting in the aircraft folder..Not sure if they should be somewhere else?

sorry guys..real noob stuff...but I'm used to OFF

Gen 1 or 2? the answer to that will tell you which knowledge base to look in. also for GP info i have loaded some birds from there into my Gen 2 install but they tend to be cantankerous. really for the...... attitude displayed by the site owner and difficulty of use in Gen 2 i only use mods which i deem essential to my installs such as the Tempest II and V for my berlin airlift era install. the what ifs and some of the others dont look very good and are much worth it imho. however i wish you luck in making it work for you!

yes daddy..it's gen 1...everything works well, except the Snipe has no sound...and the Pfalz DX has no pilot.

Another slight annoyance, is whenever I leave a mission, it throws me back to the desktop....apart from that..I'm having fun!

if you system is vista or higher it can do that. nother reason i gave up the ghost on WOE last year. being Gen 1 i can only say that his mods seem better suited to that genre. however my advise will be to refer you to the FE knowledge base aswell as the Gen1 KB.

yes daddy..it's gen 1...everything works well, except the Snipe has no sound...and the Pfalz DX has no pilot.

Another slight annoyance, is whenever I leave a mission, it throws me back to the desktop....apart from that..I'm having fun!

The attached RotaryEngine wave file needs to go in your Sound folder for the Snipe (if I'm right).

I am assuming you mean the Pfalz DXII ? If you got this from Skunkworks there should be a Pilot folder in the PfalzDXII folder with three items: WW1GERPILOT.bmp, WW1GERPILOT.INI and WW1GERPILOT.LOD,all of which should be copied to the Aircraft folder (and not in the Pfalz DXII folder).

I havent had experience with the drop to desktop after a flight, but possibly someone here can advise you.

Good luck with all this. Let us know how you get on. My experience is that nearly all TW problems are easily fixed.

Cheers Grinseed (flying FE1 on XP)

Edited by Grinseed

In every aircrafts' DATA.ini there is a parameter for "Crew". This is where you type in the type of pilot "texture" you want to use. Some third party aircraft use a pilot model thats not a stock pilot with FE. All pilot files should be in ( or put into ) the "Aircraft" folder. NOTE: some third party pilots positioning might have to be adjusted to fit right in the cockpit. Use X,Y,Z coordinates to get it right.

DATA.ini: scroll down and find these lines

// Crew ---------------------------------------------------------

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

PilotModelName=wwiPilotNew1 <-----------type of pilot from the aircraft folder

PilotHeadNodeName=head

Position=0.00,-0.275,0.784 <-----------------XYZ coordinates for pilot position looking down on aircraft

MinExtentPosition=-0.29,-0.50,-0.03

MaxExtentPosition= 0.29, 0.01, 0.84

Edited by quack74

Like quack said, 1stGens you just dump the pilot bits in the ROOT of the /Aircraft folder

in NextGens (FE2, SF2 series) you need to folderize them, and have a seperate /Objects/Pilots folder with the pilot figure -and SEATS!- in them

wrench

kevin stein

All sorted now..planes all super..thank you...and no more CTD's either! (needed the Nov2008 patch!)...now all running great!