Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Resetting Control Map Back To Default

Okay, I decided to fly a couple of missions tonight after being away from SF/WO for a long time. Since I have a new X-52 I mapped out the joystick like I had it with my X-45, problem is that 90% of my assignments did not work. I already double checked and changed some of the assignments and still no joy. Anyone know how to reset everything back to "factory fresh"?

On the plus side I did get a gun kill on a MiG-17 with a Tornado GR4 :cool:

Delete or rename the "Default.ini" in your /Controls folder. Also, check you don't have a AircraftObject.ini in the main /Objects folder from some old mods -- if not stock it tends to mess things up

You will, of course, have to reset everything. (but you expected to do that anyways!)

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Wrench, I found the back up file that Ghost uploaded in D/L page so I'll use that to reset. I didn't know to check for a stray ini file so I'll check that after I get some sleep. Been away from this game again for too long, forgot how much fun it is to run down a MiG a smoke it with an AIM-9.

I would suggest you copy the default.ini and then name it something......maybe call it X-52......then you can leave the default settings and do any re-mapping to the X52 profile, you can have keep many profiles and choose them from within the game.