Sign in to follow this  
Rapadelic

In need of good HDR setup

If you're using the nbseries HDR mod with settings tweaked by yourself (not default) could you post them here so i can try them ? Thing is, im not really happy with the default settings, in my opinion it makes the night waay too bright, and it looks a bit unnatural, like a ......well lit night.....of course i could play with the settings but given the fact that i don't really know what they do (bloom curve ? ) it makes no sense writing random numbers. So if you're using HDR and you tweaked the .ini i would like to try your setup, maybe you found a perfect balance :grin: So anyone using HDR with custom settings, just post your settings here so i can try them. Thanks !

Might be a good idea to post what hardware you are running... e.g. Video card etc...

Might be a good idea to post what hardware you are running... e.g. Video card etc...

I don't see why's that important anyway here goes :

Quad Core Q6600

4Gb DDR3 RAM

GeForce 8600 GT

Vista

My problem is not really tehnical, im just asking for other ppl's HDR setup so i can test them and see if it looks better than the default setup.My game runs pretty good with the HDR mod, actually i might swear it runs better......

The idea in asking is because if I remember rightly there are 2 HDR's one for Nvidia and the other one for ATI/Radeon Cards...

Yeah my HDR mod has 2 versions: one for nvidia cards and one for ATI cards. Its interesting that the mod works on SF1 though because the mod is for SF2.

Falcon

Yeah my HDR mod has 2 versions: one for nvidia cards and one for ATI cards. Its interesting that the mod works on SF1 though because the mod is for SF2.

Falcon

Well there are actually 3 versions. You can find one in SF1 download section, and the other one in SF2 wich has one dll for nVidia and one for ATI. They all work for SF1 as long as you have a Pixel Shader 3 capable card i guess. Even if you don't have there is a line in the .ini EnableShaders_3_0 that you can disable if you have an older card but i've never tested it. Anyway are you running the default setup or you tweaked it yourself ? If so could you post your setup so i can try it ?

Well there are actually 3 versions. You can find one in SF1 download section, and the other one in SF2 wich has one dll for nVidia and one for ATI. They all work for SF1 as long as you have a Pixel Shader 3 capable card i guess. Even if you don't have there is a line in the .ini EnableShaders_3_0 that you can disable if you have an older card but i've never tested it. Anyway are you running the default setup or you tweaked it yourself ? If so could you post your setup so i can try it ?

The HDR mod isn't needed with latest patched SF2 sims since TK turned on DX10 shaders. I don't fly SF1 anymore FYI.

Falcon

I don't see why's that important anyway here goes :

Quad Core Q6600

4Gb DDR3 RAM

GeForce 8600 GT

Vista

My problem is not really tehnical, im just asking for other ppl's HDR setup so i can test them and see if it looks better than the default setup.My game runs pretty good with the HDR mod, actually i might swear it runs better......

With the specs on your machine you should really be running SF2......which doesnt need HDR because it uses advanced shaders, and it will give you the frame rate boost that HDR will......I think the main reason anyone (like myself) is still using Gen 1 is because they don't have the hardware to run Gen 2........clearly you do

With the specs on your machine you should really be running SF2......which doesnt need HDR because it uses advanced shaders, and it will give you the frame rate boost that HDR will......I think the main reason anyone (like myself) is still using Gen 1 is because they don't have the hardware to run Gen 2........clearly you do

Even though my card is DX10 capable i seriously doubt i'll get good framerates....playing it on DX9 yes, but DX10.....and i've also read that a minimum of 512 mb Vram si required for smooth gameplay, i've got only 256....i've tried for example Far Cary 2 with DX10 activated.....and even though it looks superb i had to switch to dx9 for better frames. Anyway i would still like to try a custom HDR setting, since like i said, default settings makes my night flying look like twilight zone....