Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ranger332

Cool pic of F4

Guest Ranger332

lowflyf4the-shop.jpg

http://www.flyandfight.com/Amazing%20Pics%...%20&%20Vids.htm

Traditionally, on leaving overhaul at Saint Athan, aircraft would do a fly-by for the benefit of the groundcrew who had worked on it. The pilot of this particular Phantom FG1, a retiring Wing Commander, was chatting to a member of the ground crew the day before the departure flight. He said he was going to fly between the hangars and that the guy should be ready with a camera to record the event. It was due to be his last flight, so he was going to do something 'special'. The groundcrew weren't too convinced of the pilot's claim, but stood around as usual anyway watching as the F4took off, destination Leuchars. As the photo shows, the pilot was not joking, you can see the afterburner diamonds quite clearly in front of the hangar

Guest PhantomWarrior

f14flyby.jpg

As per the Tomcat Driver, Dale Snodgrass: "It's not risky at all with practice…it was my opening pass to a Tomcat tactical demonstration at sea. I started from the starboard rear quarter of the ship, at or slightly below flight deck level. Airspeed was at about 250 knots with the wings swept forward. I selected afterburner at about 1/2 mile behind and the aircraft accelerated to about 325-330 knots. As I approached the ship, I rolled into an 85 degree angle of bank and did a 2-3 g turn, finishing about 10- 20 degrees off of the ship's axis. It was a very dramatic and, in my opinion, a very cool way to start a carrier demo. The photo was taken by an Aviation Boson's Mate who worked the flight deck on the USS America. Just as an aside...the individual with his arms behind his back is Admiral Jay Johnson, the immediate past Chief of Naval Operations for the Navy."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Ranger332

lowpass1.jpg

how low can you go lol

Guest Ranger332

lowpass2.jpg

Mom always said, "Don't run with scissors, wait an hour after a meal before swimming and always look ahead when flying only 10 feet above the ground..."

whole story here

http://www.55srwa.org/0106/06081104.html

lowpass.jpg

35211ft.jpg

But I think that Jaguar wins the limbo contest :lol: