Sign in to follow this  
hotrodss

Replacing stock aircraft

Hello,

Is it possible to replace stock flyable a/c files with TMF a/c files (or any add-on a/c from C5 or 3rd party) to fly in both campaign and single mission? I know about "adding a/c's to a campaign sticky (thanks, MigBuster). I'm talking about just deleting the a/c file (say stock F-105D) and replace the whole file with the F-105D-25 or -31 file. I tried to install a couple of skins for the stock F-105D (Cherry girl by Armourdave & F-105D 49TFW by a guest) once installed I choose the skins at loadout and both a/c's were white, as in blank. This happened before and I was told it's because the skins were for a specific model i.e. the -31 or TMF version. There seems to be more skins for TMF a/c than stock skins for WoV, especially for the F-105, F-8 & A-6. Currently flying F-8, VF-24, Rolling Thunder.

And I know about Wrench's sticky about "adding 3rd party a/c's" in the SFP1 KB.

Thanks

HR

Edited by hotrodss

You can - the jet just needs to have the same folder name as the stock jet. Suggest you just cut and paste the stick jet folder out.

Then you may need to alter each squadron in the campaign files to take account of the different skins or rename some of the skins to stock ones.

Thanks again MigBuster,

I take it that the campaign files are located in the "CAMPAIGNS" folder? I got this example from the Rolling Thunder config file...

[uSNUnit002]

UnitName=VF-24 Checkertails

ForceID=1

UnitID=64

StartDate=1965

DescFile=wovRTStart.txt

StartText=wovRTStart3.txt

StartScreen=CampaignCarrier.bmp

CampaignBaseScreen=CampaignCarrier.bmp

AircraftType=F-8E <<<<<------------ I just change the a/c name to match the I'm substituting?

HR

Edited by hotrodss

O

M

G

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somebody READ the Knowledge Base!!

my work is done here.... :rofl:

HR, blessings upon you and all of yours!!

Edited by Wrench
  • Dislike 1

O

M

G

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somebody READ the Knowledge Base!!

my work is done here.... :rofl:

HR, blessings upon you and all of yours!!

Thanks Wrench, but I think I have another problem...after adding the F-105D-25 folder in the objects/aircraft folder, I changed all F-105Ds to -25 in all 3 campaign.ini (RT, LB1, LB2). I went to fly in the RT campaign, clicked accept and got a CTD. I reread MigBusters sticky "adding a/c's to campaigns" and extracted the MissionData file, changed all sqd's flying the F-105D to -25's. After I save the changes, do I paste the MissionData folder back in the FLIGHT folder?

that one, my friend, I can't help you with.

but, I'd try it. since it ctds already, you really can't loose anything!?

that one, my friend, I can't help you with.

but, I'd try it. since it ctds already, you really can't loose anything!?

Ok, I changed every F-105D I could find to the-25, it didn't work, still got CTD. So I just fixed everything back to the plain D model and it works like normal. I guess I'll have to contact MigBuster.

Thanks for the help.

HR