Sign in to follow this  
eagletheory

Graphics Settings (SOS)

Hello,

Today i've managed to install First Eagle 1 + Expansion 1. Im using windows 32-bit vista and it runs just fine, however i have a little problem tweaking my graphics settings, I've adapted Nick'n N settings for this game. And using the proper resolution for my LCD monitor which is by 1440x900. however reducing the resolution would even worsen framerate during engagement. I will give you a little idea about my Personal Computer Specs :

PC: Intel Pentium @ Core 2.5Ghz

Memory Ram: 4.00

Geforce 9500GT (1GB)

I have no problem running other flight simulations game that lags dramatically like FS, Lock On.( I have no intention to relate this to your game.) However, from my personal view this is the only game that matches the atmosphere of WWI.

The original games are single core only - so that's 2,5Ghz PC its running on with a low end graphics card. I suspect you are using the latest patch for FE1 which would have slowed things down a fair bit - you may need to turn graphics settings down - start by turning shadows off and see how you go.

Also what are your graphics card AA/AF settings? if they are high turn them down.

If still no joy there is a HDR mod on here that should speed things up drastically with dual core and Vista - worked very well in SF1 - not sure if anyone tried it in FE1 though!

MigBuster is correct, turning off the shadows is probably the biggest help for improved FPS in FE1.

Agree, the FPS problem is probably shadows. The highest setting gives nice high-detail shadows which you can see move around when you are in the 'cockpit' view, as the angle of the sun changes. But it kills FPS, especially when looking in a direction where you can see your plane,s shadow on the ground, from the cockpit. The next highest shadow setting is also a big FPS hit. Set shadows to 'Medium' - you still get nice moving shadows in the external view, but the FPS hit is much less.