Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Stock Spitfire rework

Your Mk I skins look terrific, Ndicki! Can't wait to get my hands on them. I'm getting ready to post new FMs soon. It'll be awesome to put them together.

I wonder if it wouldn't be easier overall to use Cocas' Spits. Then we could get Mk Vs and VIIIs to order. Of course that means a lot of work for Cocas if you're up to it, buddy.

that would be a MKIA, MK 5B Mk5B LF MK 5B trop Mk 8 right let me think................................................................................................................................................... :dntknw: ........................................let do it :rofl:

Cocas

that would be a MKIA, MK 5B Mk5B LF MK 5B trop Mk 8 right let me think................................................................................................................................................... :dntknw: ........................................let do it :rofl:

Cocas

If you can make them to the same visual standard as the stock MkIX, or better, with well-stepped LODs and so on, I'd be more than thrilled to bits! The MkIa and Va can use perctically the same model, as the MkIb and Vb. We'd need a Vc with Vokes filter too, and to be totally boring, a non-trop Vb or Vc with clipped wings and six-stack exhaust stubs... But just one or two of the most desperately-needed ones would be absolutely fantastic!

Can I suggest using the TW mapping on them as far as possible? It'd same a great deal of messing about, because to all intents and purposes, I can then do almost any skins you'd like quite easily.

I'm even dreaming of my favourite - the MkXIV...

Your Mk I skins look terrific, Ndicki! Can't wait to get my hands on them. I'm getting ready to post new FMs soon. It'll be awesome to put them together.

I wonder if it wouldn't be easier overall to use Cocas' Spits. Then we could get Mk Vs and VIIIs to order. Of course that means a lot of work for Cocas if you're up to it, buddy.

It's complete except for the actual engine/prop dynamics. If you PM me with your e-mail, you're welcome to try it out and do the flight dynamics!

If you can make them to the same visual standard as the stock MkIX, or better, with well-stepped LODs and so on, I'd be more than thrilled to bits! The MkIa and Va can use perctically the same model, as the MkIb and Vb. We'd need a Vc with Vokes filter too, and to be totally boring, a non-trop Vb or Vc with clipped wings and six-stack exhaust stubs... But just one or two of the most desperately-needed ones would be absolutely fantastic!

Can I suggest using the TW mapping on them as far as possible? It'd same a great deal of messing about, because to all intents and purposes, I can then do almost any skins you'd like quite easily.

I'm even dreaming of my favourite - the MkXIV...

Im going to focus frist on Merlin engines and then Grifon engines i have AJ press pdf on the Spitfire whit lots of Drawings and some outer books the Spit no problem there since most versions share a lot of parts.

for the visual patr all i can say his that im going to do my best.

has for mapping i can try to match TW mapping but it wont be easy....

later today i will put up a frits WIP shot.

Should open a new topic for that or can use this one?

let me zip up the Modelers Data file on the Merlin Spit (I have the Griffon one, too) It'll be huge, even zipped...but well worth it

There are utterly fanastic line drawing, breaking down all the components.

wrench

kevin stein

or they can be found a farposst. which ever you want!

WRench if ti for me, i have both but thanks for the offer :drinks:

Edited by cocas

In the meantime, my MkIa is in, with ShrikeHawk's FM, full decals for aircraft which actually did serve with 19 Sqn during September 1940, new formations.ini, new gunfire sounds with all 8 Brownings firing, and so on and so forth...

Awesome work Ndicki! Can't wait for you to post it up.

I've got Gepard's BoB terrain and Baltika's British voicepak installed now. The new Mk I will look fantastic in it's native environment.