Sign in to follow this  
tiopilotos

Small problem when SF2 installed

I have this small problem when I reinstalled SF2 Europe. After the installation of Jun 2010 patch some Mig aircrafts (Mig-17, Mig-17F, Mig-17PF, Mig-21F, Mig-21PF, Mig-21PFM and Su-7BM) have only the SovietSilver1 skin.

When I made the unpack from the ObjectData00X all the skins were OK. The problem is that just in the mods folder the aircrafts above don't include the other skins but only the classic soviet silver.

Is that a standalone install - or is it merged with other games?

Only have a merged install now so get all the skins.

That might be something TW have changed - do the Soviets actually use other skins in any of the campaigns?

You may need to manually extract other skins if you want to use them now

Suggest checking the userlist inis for each of those birds, AND the textureset inis as well ... textureset ini now have a DefaultStartDate line, so if a certain skin (say a camo) wasn't available BEFORE a certain year, it won't be in pull down.

Given the timeframe, its quite possible all the WarPac users may only have the natural metal skin

As said before when I unpacked the ObjectData00X files the skins were OK. I could see for example the Polish Mig-17PF camo or the Chech Su-7BM camo but in the saved game folder there was only the SovietSilver1 skin.

MigBuster asked if the Soviets actually use other skins in any of the campaigns. Answer is probably no. I couldn't see other skins in the above aircraft types except for the classic soviet silver.

I made the Mig-21PFM flyable and selected 1980 as mission year because some camos were used after 1975. Again only soviet silver was available.

I can't understand why in the objects .cat files everything is OK and in the saved game folder skins don't appear.

Also to mention that for some reason the standard missions F-4E VS Mig-21MF, F-15A VS Mig-23M, etc in the mission menu are not available.

Edited by tiopilotos

I can't understand why in the objects .cat files everything is OK and in the saved game folder skins don't appear.

It stands to reason that TW only want the skins relevant to a standalone SF2E install going into the folders. If you want the others you probably have to extract them - but best to check with TW I would say.