I'm having an anoying issue recently while playing SF2 Europe(current patch) and First Eagles 2 patched to current standards.Ocasionly the game goes off and my computer restarts. No warning and it only does it once in a while.Mostly on external views and never at the start of a mission only after a few minutes of action.It has done this on this computer and the last computer but not my older one.I had the same vid card ( http://www3.pny.com/font-color9999999400-GT-512MB-PCIefont-P2729C396.aspx ) in all three.the current computer is a HP 6000 AMD Athalon II 640 quad running windows 7.the older one was a gateway with lower specs and a dual core.The only thing better on that comp was the power supply.Is my card going? I know I should upgrade it but would rather find out if thats the issue before spending scarce cash.Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Could be the PSUs not powerful enough - Check the specs for the graphics card and see what PSU it needs.

start looking at the PSU ... pretty much the same symptoms that my old single-core machine presented before it blowed (watching too much House... "the computer presents with random restarts and crashes")

wrench

kevin stein

• Dislike 1

I had a machine doing that... It was a bad memory stick. Tested by taking one out and doing the external view that brought the crash... Replaced and, of course, it was the second one... Also, PSU might be the culprit. Check out the NewEgg PSU Calculator...

I don't think that the computer is dieing because it's less than 30 days old and is a replacement for the new one that died last month. the last one was a lemon and bluescreened the day I got it and was falling dead by day 29.this is the replacement and is fresh from the factory,I would really have bad luck if 2 computers were dead back to back in less than a month and a half.the card is 2 years old though and has been put in 3 different comps.this computer is running fine as far as I can tell and other than when it restarts once in a while(say 1 time every 10 or so missions) playing SF2 or FE2 it runs everything fine. :( would that be inadequat power for the card? or the card itself getting ready to drop dead?