Sign in to follow this  
CoopF4

Canberra B(I).8 cockpit

Recently downloaded the B(I).8 variant of the Canberra, and it seems that the virtual cockpit is in an odd place. I can't really see out of it...it would appear the 3D model is blocking my view. Has anyone else noticed this? I searched around the forums for answers, but came up empty. Any thoughts?

Fantastic cockpit, very immersive. Now...

Here's what I use in COCKPIT.ini file...

Position=-0.25,3.46,0.90

Offset=0,00.05,0.05

ViewAngles=0,0,0

MaxYaw=170

MinYaw=-170

MaxPitch=90

MinPitchFront=-100

MinPitchRear=-100

This is the absolutely correct cockpit position, so you may have to set fuselage or nose to ShowFromCockpit=OFF in the DATA.ini file so you don't see the Canberra model's canopy from the inside.

Copy~Paste that and see what happens. Save what you got somewhere else though.

The min pitch front and rear let you look straight down and even beyond that if ever needed. Its for visual level bombing, although you don't need to look that far down on the bomb run.

Wait, the B.8 cockpit is really for B.2 right? If so, then it does not have the correct canopy framing for B.8. I never think of this since I play all the Canberras from inside the 3D model using the spot on correct cockpit/pilot position. For B.8, you may have to make some FlightEngine changes that unfortunately create grafix issues for "normal" players. I am not normal. If you click the link below, you will see I am quite weird.

weirdo link ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4410

Dang it! Coop, what cockpit are you using?

I'm using the "real thing:" the real B.2 cockpit by...**I DON'T REMEMBER** and I don't recall where I got it. I can't find the original download with author readme. I hate when I lose original stuff. Anybody remember this?

However, no matter what cockpit you are using, the above Position is correct. If you are using F-86 cockpit, the F-86 canopy framing should be OKAY for B.8.

Kesselbrut made it. :good:

Enough of this. From now on, for every 3D model I use, I'll have to add the author name to the specific model's basic INI file, and for every cockpit I use, the COCKPIT file will have added the author name at the file top. Then I can quickly and consistently find this information, every time, in one swift stroke.

Thanks Lexx!

It seems the fix worked...at least to my satisfaction it did. I changed my cockpit position as you pointed out, and I turned the ShowFromCockpit value to FALSE for the nose....that seems to have done the trick.

Now I can get to interdicting things RAF style. :)

Oh and for the record, the B(I).8 was the later interdictor models, and it had a fighter-type canopy as opposed to the fish bowl type thing on the earlier B.2 models. I'm fairly certain it's using the F-86 cockpit framing for the VC. Looks like a good fit nonetheless.

:good:

And you taught me a thing ... ShowFromCockpit=OFF .... FALSE not "off"

I don't know why I did that.

Yea Kesselbrut's pit is the early pit, the panel is so nice, but I have not found a way to add RWR.

---

In my game, US and UK will work together to make a PANIC rush anti-SAM missile about 1958 not long after S-25 (cut down installations) and the more mobile S-75 enter service. They will decide on a missile body, and Sparrow was around at the time, barely, or snatch some other body from somewhere (probably NAVY as usual) and UK will use Canberra with the newer canopy. I'll call this E.9 since by this time the PR.9 won't be made since it won't stand a chance deep inside USSR. US will use B-57 for this anti~SAM role. There had already been development since the early 50s of jet powered winged missiles for use against surveillance or GCI radars so its not exactly fantasy.

But these are panic jobs, to be replace later ... in UK case by the Vixen E.3, which I just made up, and later by the Bucc E.something, and then later by TSR.2 E.something or "Mirage IV" E.whoknows since UK had thought of going down that path instead of TSR and I *have* to use Veltro's Mirage IV in high altitude silver or anti~flash white, or both, since its just a classic, or just use it to stand in for some sort of Fairey Delta derivative. It is a fairey tale game.