Sign in to follow this  
SandyC

FRAPS won't run in my WoV

I have searched the forums and this problem does not show up. I have FRAPs 2.9.5 installed and it works perfectly on capturing video from other screens and videos. However, it does not work when I fly WoV. The yellow and red FPS figures do not show up on screen and there is no recording when I press the hotkey. Have tested it on other screens, and capturing takes place as expected, as I say, so it does not appear to be FRAPs itself. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Or can anyone who is tech savvy help? I have reached the limits of my tinkering abilities. Thanks for any assistance.

Are the keys it uses the same as any WOV needs in game?

MigBuster, Thanks for the speedy reply. I had checked that already, but went back and double-checked just in case: but there is no conflict between the video capture hotkey and any game control key. Bit of a mystery, really. :dntknw:

MigBuster, Thanks for the speedy reply. I had checked that already, but went back and double-checked just in case: but there is no conflict between the video capture hotkey and any game control key. Bit of a mystery, really. :dntknw:

What OS are you using?

Fubar, I am using Vista, the bane of my life. I had none of this with XP. Thanks.

That's the issue, right there. When I switched to Windows 7, my FRAPS 2.9.5 refused to work in any TW title. The latest release of FRAPS works well, though. Just upgrade to it, and you'll be fine.

Fubar, Thanks, and especially for nailing the problem so quickly. That has saved me a lot of further messing about. I am heading over to FRAPS HQ right away. Cheers!

Fubar, Thanks again. That did it - and I shoulda known it was a Vista issue. I now have FRAPS ingame, recording and filing the shots. Perhaps this should go into the Knowledge Base in case someone else hits the same issue? Much appreciated.