Sign in to follow this  
Aqua

menuver to dodge a missle

95 percent of the time i got shot by enemy missle ; anybody knows what is the best menuver to dodge an incoming missle ????

Is it a Surface to Air missile? Or an Air to Air missile? Also are you using chaff and flares? If it is a Surface to air Missile, break into the direction of the missile, and descend as quickly as possible. Also use chaff or flares to decoy any missile. Chaff of course is used to decoy radar guided missiles, while flares decoy infrared or heat seeking missiles. The same rules go for an air to air missile, but I'd reccomend executing a tight diving turn to decoy an air to air missile. And of course always use ECM equipment to jam enemy radars.

Hope this helps

Edited by warthog64

thanks alot ; well i can easily dodge SAM's ; but its very hard to dodge Air to Air IR missiles ; i always use jamming plus chaffss and flares ; but i never break into the incoming missle. What i do is put it on my 3 / 9 clock position and dive hard ; .. well anyways thanks i ll try to break into the missile first before menuvering

thanks alot ; well i can easily dodge SAM's ; but its very hard to dodge Air to Air IR missiles ; i always use jamming plus chaffss and flares ; but i never break into the incoming missle. What i do is put it on my 3 / 9 clock position and dive hard ; .. well anyways thanks i ll try to break into the missile first before menuvering

There are probably a few videos on you tube about on how to deal with missiles but no way to easily dodge any of them.

The best advice I can give you is to use Dogfight mode and start on 1 vs 1 with 2 missiles each - without the practise and knowledge you need from this you will be ejecting everytime - especially at higher levels.

In this sim the A-A missiles rarely miss.....

Or just hope the incoming missiles have been bought through lobbyist schemings at temptable Congressmen...

yeah i am using dogfight now and recording via ACMI file to see my menuvers ... now i think iam getting a feeling to dodge AA missiles.

thank u all.

cheers

Also it depends alot on what era/type of air to air missile you are trying to evade. If it is an early Aim-9B or R-13, then executing a tight turn or break will usually defeat them. Modern missiles like the Aim-9M or Aim-9X and the R-73 are very difficult to evade. Sorry that I didn't mention this earlier.

Have fun!