Sign in to follow this  
quack74

AviatikD.I aileron damage too easy

I've noticed that the AviatikD.I's ailerons damage way to easily when doing hard turns or pitching up too hard at around 95-120mph. Where in the DATA.ini do I correct this. Everytime I engage the enemy my ailerons crap out and the plane rolls really slow.

Edited by quack74

Hello, Quack! I'm sorry to say, but you are experiencing the same issues than real Austro-Hungarian pilots! The Aviatik D.I had structural failures in upper wings when pulled too hard. The ace Frank Linke-Crawford died this way in July 31 1918 fighting the Italian 81 Squadriglia planes. These structural failures were the main reason for Austro-Hungarian pilots flying The Albatros or Phoenix when available instead the Aviatik.

If you don't like this way, go to Data file an search for the MaxG entry and/or the DeffaultArmorThickness and set them at your own taste......Or simply fly it properly and not so hard maneouvering.