Sign in to follow this  
Mig_eater

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Its SF2E; works fine and its merged.

Its actually SF2E i've been using this whole time; but using the Israel Map and aircraft. This shouldn't make a difference, right?

Its all patched up to date.

You should have put this at the top really and not let people assume you were using SF2I

So are you saying that the GermanyCE stock terrain works okay on Unlimited settings?

Sorry I thought the games were all the same. My mistake!! I do not get the black sky on unlimited or high settings with Germany terrain, but on unlimited I get the flashing dots.

Thanks

hmmm... now I understand why House sends his team on to do break-in every curious case... Patients DO hide the most self-explanatory clues until the CA.

(sorry, watched too much lately :smile: )

so this must be the cause, as for flashing colours it's your video card specifications combined with dated drivers (as I still bet on the drivers)

I'm confused... So whenever I use Israel terrain I need to play SF2I? What's the point of the merged install then?

Sorry... i'm really not computer minded. At all!

- Alex

have you ran at least once SF2:I after the patching? I have not noticed any oddities by running map native to title X in Y executable, but I do separate custom installs for every theatre (ie. separate with custom content for Israeli wars, similarily other one for Vietnam with air and ground expansion and another one for custom Europe)

Everything is totally stock, and i've run SF2I a couple of times. I haven't got the black sky problem - but i'm loathed to run it seperately all the time since i've set everything up (controls etc) in SF2E.

Any other ideas?

Thank you again, so much - for all your advice!

- Alex

copy all your controls folder into SF2I, I do have my personal "basepack" zip with all the mandatory (for me) controls, skymods or ini tweaks in it, for ease of creating new custom install

I'm running out of one, maybe different environmentsystem.ini in SF2I install?

I'd like to get SF2 and run all the sims from that base. Do you think that would work or do you think i'd still get all the same issues?

No way to tell without trying - I would guess you would still have problems.

If the SF2I terrain runs okay separately in SF2I then run it as a separate game.

I do so you can have 4 different mod folders with mods specific to those games only - Bit easier to manage as well.

If this issue happens with no mods in the game - then you can report it to TW - and they can go through the same troubleshooting we have done here pretty much.

Most Likely a Shader/GPU underpower issue, With your Graphics Tier, you should NOT be running on Unlimited, High or Medium.

A 4300/4500 Series Chip has 80 Unified Shaders and is 2+ Generations Old, That is not enough power to Run on Unlimited or High and maybe even Medium, Regardless of resolution, More importantly if they are mobile or integrated GPUs instead of Discrete Versions, there is no active cooling fans on them So they'll overheat within minutes of running GFX intensive games, causing issues.

In comparison A 5830 has 1120 Shaders, 5770 has 800, 5750 has 720..

The Discrete 4300/4500 GPUs Stats are:

the 4350 has 600Mhz Clock, 80 Shaders, 64 Bit memory interface. 800 Mhz Memory

the 4550 has 600Mhz Clock, 80 shaders, 64 bit memory interface. 1600 Mhz Memory

Integrated/Mobile Versions are clocked slower and share system memory.

the 4300/4500 Series is Meant to be for Integrated, Mobile or Low Power/Low Profile Hardware Acceleration for Video, Not for gaming.

Edited by SkateZilla

Thanks SkateZilla. What a pain! How do I choose what options? I've always run high graphics settings and the fps has been fine, but how am I to judge what's appropriate other than FPS?

I think its time for a new card though... I really don't care too much about super high end graphics - just good fps and no bugs! Any recommendations?