Sign in to follow this  
33LIMA

Couple of new WW1 compilations up on youtube

94th Aero compilation:

German (1930s-era?) compilation:

Some of this you'll have seen before (including some clips used in OFF and probably Anthony Fokker's home movie footage of MvR, including the sequence after Lt Bird's shootdown) and some of it looks staged but there is enough of interest in each.

Thanks for posting this LIMA! :salute:

Great stuff, LIMA!

The German film is showing the two-seater flying over Laon, as I had previously found out.

Here is the match of the old and the new situation:

Nice bit of aerial detective work there Olham, I was gonna fire up Google Earth and work that out.

I wonder if the DH2 attack on the 2-seater (DFW?) was real or staged. I know the German air service acquired several intact DH2s but it would be nice to think we were looking at some genuine WW1 A2A footage there, even of some of the other sequences, like the bomb burst edited in after the observer dropping one by hand, were not entirely genuine.

Have not had a chance to watch the longer US footage yet, love those dainty N.28s.