Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pfunk

Project WOEMAC: Dev Diary 11/30/2011

looks good, keep going :good:

Only 78?!!!! You're slacking off brother!! :lol:

The MidWestUSA has 158, and still growing! Panama has 83, and also still being worked on. The I/I2003 has 185 --and that's because I got lazy!

Guest Pfunk

Yup. I'm trying something different. It'll either work or it won't.

I want it to be a lot like Flanker 2.5, you will remember that there was plenty of room to work in and it wasn't a situation where there was a SAM emplacement every 10 yards. You could fly for a while without getting shot at.

But, when you did, it was a thunderbolt from Zeus. You will want to use the deadliest SAM and AAA emplacements for this terrain to make it challenging. It's made for post-1990 aircraft and vehicles all the way to modern-day operations.

A terrain meant for 60s-70s weapons should have lots of inexpensive stuff laying around, like the Vietnam terrain. My vision is that modern terrains will have fewer TargetAreas, but those should have lots to choose from and be well-defended.

The SAM battery sitting out in the middle of nowhere defending nothing of importance is just not a good design plan, for me.

Well any chance of the historical landmarks?

Guest Pfunk

If you mean landmarks like correct coastlines, rivers, bodies of water, and city locations, yes. I've made it about as accurate as the TE will let me.

If you mean buildings, no. I'm not good enough to mod with 3DSMax.

The SAM battery sitting out in the middle of nowhere defending nothing of importance is just not a good design plan, for me.

that's whay I've been building them directly INTO the cities ... unless, of course, it's something like a NIKE battery, where it has to stand alone

If you mean buildings, no. I'm not good enough to mod with 3DSMax

one reason to get friendly with folks that can...

(2 shots ... before skinning, and after with better lod)