Sign in to follow this  
PureBlue

F-86 Silver clean templates?

I've got the template from SF1 but it's got the yellow USAF bands on the base layer.

Been wanting to paint a few Turkish birds for a 1960s campaign. (Specifically the F-86E(M)

Has anybody got the empty templates in hand?

Edited by PureBlue

just a plane-jane, unmarked skin??? Get the Iranian Sabres I did a few months back. All markings are decals, but no fues/wing stripes

the templeates should be in the 1Gen templates d/l section. If not, I'll shoot you mine (which aint' stock!)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

iranian Sabres all blank you say? i've got a book on USAFE aircraft from the Berlin Airlift to the arrival of the Century series including alot of fighter bomber Sabres. gots to get me a scanner........

@ pureblue dont remember where i discovered this site but it might help you out some

http://www.rudnei.cunha.nom.br/Sabres%20and%20Furies/index.html

and don't forget the updated avionics ini .. .has a working radar-gunsight

Perfect. Just what I was looking for Wrench :good:

Good call on the avionics, I'm gonna have to check this and the Sidewinders and see if Turkish birds had them.

Thanks for the link daddy, there was quite a few different paintjobs for the Acrobatics teams too.

Edited by PureBlue

Is it me or does the Fury look a lot meaner than the rinky dink Sabre ?

I know why as just finished Strike from the Sea a good book all about the attack series of Naval jets starting at the good old Spad up to the F-35... good reading all told.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Strike-Sea-Aircraft-Skyraider-1948-present/dp/1580071325/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310932695&sr=1-2

Link is to the book on Amazon.co.uk

Zur promised us a real FJ-4M one day .....

PB, if they carried winders, use the lod that's in that pak -- it has the rails. You can call it whichever mark in the main ini.

As the gunsight, ALL Sabres had radar-ranging sights (excepting maybe the D/L/K all-weather versions, as they had air intercept radars)