Sign in to follow this  
Toryu

Sone F-104 INI modifications

Just a few questions that came up during a prolonged INI-modification session I did yesterday:

First issue:

The 104 has two different aileron-travel-limits: one with gear/ land-flaps (have to check which one) up at +/- 9.5° and one with either gear or land-flaps down at +/- 20°.

Is there any way of getting those two settings into the game?

I have already tried it with "Hasgeardownsetting", but it wouldn't work.

Any idea?

Second issue:

While fiddling around with "Pitch-Up"-behaviour, I figured it would be cool to have the APC-gauge of the real 104 that indicates an equivalent angle-of-attack, coupled with it's APC (Atomatic Pitch Control) system.

Spillone maybe? :grin:

Third issue:

Is there any way of changing the gear-door animation without modifying the 3d-model?

Any help is appreciated :good:

Just a few questions that came up during a prolonged INI-modification session I did yesterday:

First issue:

The 104 has two different aileron-travel-limits: one with gear/ land-flaps (have to check which one) up at +/- 9.5° and one with either gear or land-flaps down at +/- 20°.

Is there any way of getting those two settings into the game?

I have already tried it with "Hasgeardownsetting", but it wouldn't work.

Any idea?

Did you apply the edits in the for each flap in a block, like so?

HasGearDownSetting=TRUE

GearDownMaxDeflection=X.xx

GearDownMinDeflection=X.xx

Third issue:

Is there any way of changing the gear-door animation without modifying the 3d-model?

Any help is appreciated :good:

The answer's "probably no", but it depends on what you wish to change, and if there's an animation available for it. I animated the SAM launchers on the TW CVA-63 model many years ago, because there was an otherwise unused pitch and yaw axis available for them.

Edited by Fubar512

I have added the ini-lines and entered the values, but to no avail.

Aileron-travel won't change.

Concerning the gear doors - the animation itself is alright, but the sequence of the doors opening and closing is not correct.

Is there a way of changing that sequence?

not outside of MAX