Sign in to follow this  
Macklroy

RFC-11

Wanted to start an early war scout campaign and decided on the bristol scout. RFC-11 came up as one of the available squadrons to fly for that was equiped with the bristol.

First mission here is what my plane looked like, as well as all of the other planes in the sqn.

post-47816-0-11766200-1312425165.jpg

I then went into Quick Combat to check out the other skins for the bristol scout. Turns out there isnt a RFC-11 skin available to pick. There is however a RFC-12 skin which is

also interesting because there is no RFC-12....at least not in game. Anyone else run accross this or am I OD'ing on the crazy pills again?

Edited by Macklroy

It's been seen before Mac, it's due to that batch of odd tobacco that some of the chaps brought back from Gallipoli. See this thread

Perfect camo against Germans - this camo will confuse the German sence for order so much, that you may have easy work with them, Mack.

RFC-12 is a bomber squadron.

I did see there was a Bristol Scout available for one bomber squadron (RFC-13, I think) that you can fly for a whole 1 day before they're re-equipped with Bees. Very strange the Devs bothered with that detail.

Macklroy, the fix is fairly simple as the problem stems from the fact that several of the Bristol skins in the 'dds' skin files inside the 'C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\aircraft' folder are wrong, (they are actually DH-2 skins). You can repair this by using your DXTbmp program to open up a good Bristol skin and then saving it to the affected folders, allowing it to overwrite the skins that are there. IIRC, the 'dds' files that need fixing are found in 'C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\aircraft\Bris_Scout_A_SQ1\textures' and 'C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\aircraft\Bris_Scout_A_Sqd\textures'.

Strange - I checked all Bristol Scout skins in there, and mine are all correct.

Do you guys use HitR ?

I do Olham. I ran across this little error quite some time ago and tracked it down. It took me a while to find it at first because I kept looking in the various Bristol 'skins' folders for the offending 'dds' files.

Strange - I checked all Bristol Scout skins in there, and mine are all correct.

Do you guys use HitR ?

Try RFC - 11 Olham. Doesn't appear in the 'available skins' menu. But if you set up a RFC 11 campaign you can see it there. Unless somehow yours is not bugged. :grin:

I don't have DH-2 skins for Bristols - neither in the skin folder for Campaigns,

nor in the above mentioned 'aircraft' folder - all skins are Bristol Scout, as it should be.

Doesn't look much worse than the typical British gastrointestinal colour scheme. :grin:

Only time ive seen this was in my early days of Skinning..where I had rotated the skin to make it easier to work on..and forgotten to rotate it back