Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeachAV8R

KMD editor...?

Guest BeachAV8R

I was thinking about trying Kreelin's Mission Editor with SF2 to get around (perhaps) some of the limitations with the default Mission Editor. But I can't seem to get KMD working. I'm using W7 Ultimate x64..so I don't know if this problem is related to that..but when I try to run KMD for the first time it directs me to find the USER folder.. So I point it to the ME/SAVEDGAMES/THIRDWIRE folder and I get a C++ Runtime error.. Any ideas how to fix that?

kmd1.JPG

kmd2.JPG

kmd3.JPG

Stumped...

BeachAV8R

Same here. Seems like the latest patch has broken something.

If you have any of the SFP1 games, install the KMD (the version for SFP1) there, and just copy the terrain folder to that install.

It's a workaround but then you would be able to design the basics, and use notepad afterwards to change the aircraft & other necessary bits..

Guest BeachAV8R

No problem.. Thanks for the confirmation..

...terminate in an unusual way.

I've seen that once, long ago in The SF-1.

Something was missing from my SF, I'm thinking my Pilots folder...it has pics for campaigns I guess -- never played a campaign so I don't know what this folder is for.

ANYWAYS I had "cleaned up" my SF, deleting some basic game folders that I know I'll never use. Well I deleted the Pilots folder, and either the game, or I think, KMD didn't like it. I got the exact same Terminator message.

So browse around see if you or Patch changed something. Maybe something as simple as adding a folder that was used in earlier SF, but taken out the game in recent a Patch. If you can find something missing that KMD wants, fake it, and try to put it back.

Just to confirm the obvious, I'm getting the same error...

Lexx is right, we could probably get this to work if we dig enough..

I'll see what I can do about it tonight..

It's the new CAT format. KMD for SF2, tries to extract loadout.ini and terrain.ini files from the CATs, and it can't do it...

So I think the only way to use it is to keep an SFP1 or SF2 old patch install and edit missions in there. Then copy over and tweak with notepad..

Bummer..

maybe too, the differences between ANSI and Unicode???

I used a sysinternals tool to see what the kmd process is doing, it gets stuck reading the FlightData.CAT... :dntknw:

It works ok with the previous SF2 patch..

Edited by PureBlue

It's the new CAT format. KMD for SF2, tries to extract loadout.ini and terrain.ini files from the CATs, and it can't do it...

Excatly... The current version of KMD cannot read the new CAT files format.