Sign in to follow this  
soapmctavish

WoE is nt properly functioning

My O.S is Window 7 & WoE is nt properly functioning. When i press ‘esc’ to end the mission, instead of showing “Debrief Screen”, there is a complete exit of game & i’ve to load the game all over again. Guys, any solution???but if i installed the latest patch for WoE the 2008 patch its now working properly...but i have problems to the weapon mod i am installing because its not compatible with the latest patch...so i uninstalled my back from the start now...how can i fix the "esc" thing without installing the latest WoE 2008 Patch?

turn water details off, or something like that will resolve the CTD when ending mission.

option 1:

Step 3 on here is the procedure - involves extracting the GermanyCE_Data.ini file first though:

http://combatace.com/topic/34221-running-any-thirdwire-sim-in-windows-vista-by-usafmtl-column5-jtin/

option 2:

If not then install 2008 patch - find another weapons pack and use the newer weapons editor to intall it (at TWs site.)

option 3:

Or download the old weapons pack but dont install it. Instead Extract it to a folder on your desktop then just copy the weapons you need from the Weapons folder into the in game Weapons folder. You will then just need to merge the weapondata.ini file with the in game one using the newer weapons editor - should be a few sections in the SF knowledge base on this.

Be sure that you have not installed WOE in it's default location, it should not be in the programs folder.......if you have it installed there then it would be best to just do a fresh install to a suitable Vista/Windows 7 location, then patch up to 08, and then I would suggest you use the MF weapons pack http://combatace.com/files/file/8130-mirage-factory-weapons-pack-01252009/ which is compatable with 08.

Edited by romflyer