Hey there

I was reading over the NF4+ installation notes, and it states "This does not work with a merged install of SF2"

now, I clearly understand that, though the problem is, that my SF2 is quadrupled merged...lol

I remember reading a while ago on how to make a stand alone install of any of the four Strike Fighters 2 series.

So my plan is, making a stand alone install of SF2:Israel and then applying the NF4+ mod to it.

I, however have absolutely no clue on how to accomplish this. Can any one point me in the right direction? Or point me to the right thread for that matter lol!

(Btw, I DO have a mod folder with countless planes, tweaks and changes...so I would rather have those untouched lol)

Copy your exixting SF2E ".exe", rename it to "SF2E NF+" (or any other name you want), then "execute it". When you do this, it will create a mod folder called "SF2E NF+" (or any other name you chose to call the new ".exe"). You then extract the NF+ mod into your new mod folder and away you go.

Thanks man! That really helped!

I'm pleased to announced I installed the whole NF4+ addon (minus the newer updates)

However, I ran into a problem. Ingame, Afterburner textures and explosions do not show for some strange reason. For instance, I shoot a rocket (from a matra pod) and no fire comes out of the rocket, and when it impacts the ground, only a crater is produced, but no explosion. I think this is related to using the original NF4+...any clues?

The newer updates fixes a lot of those issues. TK had a patch rush changing a lot of game features since NF4+ was original released. So my advice is to download and install those. :cool: