Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Weird Glitch in FE1

I've been testing the Nieuport 10 and I came across this weird glitch with the skins. When I fly the plane, everything is fine. But when the game uses one of my planes as an enemy, some of the skins are messed up. I'll see white patches on parts of the plane. It seems like some of the skins are not aligned correctly. It only appears on some of the parts, the rest of the plane seems to be OK. This only seems to be happening with my planes and only when the game uses my plane as an enemy.

Has anyone else come across this?

Stephen1918

anyway you can post a screenshot?

did you make the model with multible lods?

It happened 2 or 3 times today. I didn't think to get a screen shot. Now I can't make it happen again. Maybe it's a memory issue, I do have an older computer. I'll post a shot if it happens again.

Yes, all my planes have multiple LODs. But I didn't notice the problem until I got closer so I don't know if it's happening to all the versions.

If anyone else experiences this problem, please get a screen shot and post it.

Edited by Stephen1918

I figured out the problem, I still think it was mostly a memory issue. When I added the Nieuport to my FE1, I started seeing things like this:

post-67404-0-78939400-1313725400.jpg

It took me a while to figure it out because I had to wait for the game to use one of my planes as an enemy plane. Eventually I realized that this plane is using the skin from the Nieuport for the engine cover, but using the correct skin everywhere else.

I have been using the same names for the texture folders for all my planes, and some of the skins (like "Fuselage") have been the same in all the planes. When I added the Nieuport (along with all my other planes) it seemed to overwhelm the computer and it grabbed the wrong skin.

I was able to fix the problem by simply renaming the folders - "LC3Texture1" instead of "Texture1" - I also had to change the ini file for the plane to point to the new directory name. That solved the problem. Starting with the Nieuport, I will make unique names for the skins and Texture folders.

Here it is fixed:

post-67404-0-81664700-1313726306.jpg

You need to name the skin by unique name or the game uses tha same skin for everything

(lets say the texture name for plane x would be fuselage.bmp and you add second plane with different

texture but named fuselage.bmp, the game uses only one bmp for both)

Monty CZ

You need to name the skin by unique name or the game uses tha same skin for everything

(lets say the texture name for plane x would be fuselage.bmp and you add second plane with different

texture but named fuselage.bmp, the game uses only one bmp for both)

Monty CZ

Yeah, I figured that out. I wish I had known that 3 months ago. If anyone else runs into this problem, try renaming the folders as I said earlier.

Thanks for your response Monty CZ.

Stephen1918

Edited by Stephen1918