Sign in to follow this  
mppd

Updating a Dutch F-104G

Can anyone kindly post any photos or drawings clearly showing the center double AIM-9 Sidewinder rail arrangement on the F-104G in Europe - the default WOE parts could benefit from an update. New drop tanks coming, plus some other detail parts. Are the rails towed outboard a bit or are they vertical? A front view would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Mike D.

• Like 1

Thanks very much - greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

You maybe should ask Ravenclaw, i think he did a lot of research for his german F-104Gs.

Let's see with what our German friends will come up with. Have to leave for the weekend but will look into it on Sunday night, several websites with thousands of pics and documentation available. And how about you Ale? This Rollferch website is GREAT Soulfreak !! :good:

As far as I can see the launcher rails were slightly canted out maybe 10 to 15 degrees (90 degree angle to the circular shape of the fuselage), also on my 1:32 Hasegawa models. Scan sunday if still necessary

Houdoe,

Derk

Just found that illustration also! Thanks very much for the help. Definately towed out, not vertical. Even though there are so many photos on the Internet of European -104s, very few close-ups of the rails, and no good walk-around shots of it anywhere.

Also another question - there seemed to be two styles of underwing tanks - one slightly larger in diameter. I assume this is the 195 US gal tank, while the tip tanks are 170 gal. Is the smaller diam tank underwing also 170 gal - as this looks the same diam as the tip tanks? It is not specified anywhere.

Edited by mppd
  • Like 1